website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

7/8  I´m impressed

Too bad i'm not a betting man, otherwise it could have been a good night. :d 

As expected, a lot of close matches, though 3 going to penalties was interesting. Serbia beating Norway away is definitely the most impressive win.

• 5 weeks later...

Unbelievable, 6 players tested positive in Salzburg, which means that no one can play for their NT, so we once again have to play without Szoboszlai. What is even the point of international football at this point? This is just ridiculous. 

48 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Unbelievable, 6 players tested positive in Salzburg, which means that no one can play for their NT, so we once again have to play without Szoboszlai. What is even the point of international football at this point? This is just ridiculous. 

In Italy all the players from club teams who recorded positive covid tests were not allowed to go and play with their respective National teams by the local Health Authorities...

so, our NT is suddenly missing 16 of their named players (and the coach Roberto Mancini, who's also positive to covid at the moment)...

luckily, 41 players were called in advance (maybe they were expecting such kind of situation) and the next games don't look in danger of being cancelled (at least for now...but the week just started and it's quite long)...

UEFA really should just cancel Nations League and postpone the EURO 2020 qualifiers. I don't understand why the federations are letting the games to continue under these terrible conditions. We are at a point where people aren't even allowed to go outside after 8pm... 

My guess is that the top nations don't care because it's the NL, and the 8 teams who are playing the important matches are too insignificant to protest at UEFA. I would really happy if both Iceland and Hungary would boycott the match for example. 

18:00 Yesterday --  Milan Škriniar is healthy and will come to play

19:45 Yesterday --  Some agencies announce Inter Milan banning its players to join their NT aka Milan Škriniar will not come to play

20:30 Yesterday -- Milan Škriniar will come to play

... Definitely not the easiest times for National Teams coaches :lol:

Football is not canceling matches (or leagues) anymore. Everyone, everywhere has infected players, they just substitute them until their quarantine is over. If there is not some national law or a team is predominately infected (like 15 players or so), matches will be played. If your best players are the ones who are quarantined, well that's just bad luck for you.