website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

• 1 month later...

Great !

no spectators...

Dúbravka (newcastle Utd) our GK and the main chance to keep our chances still alive injured yesterday his knee and is out,,,

6 our players plays in Italy (Škriniar in Inter and Kucka in Parma the most affected places..) every person comming from Italy must be quarantined for two weeks (and I doubt anyone of them will even travel to Slovakia, Inter is already quarantned...

Hamšík is playing in China (so due coronavirus he didn´t play a football game some months now...lol)

what a situation lol...from one of the contenders to qualify via this Play-Offs we dropped to a total no chance... If UEFA will not cancel the Play-Offs is better to abandon and fofeit the match against Ireland to avoid some embarassing debacle

8 hours ago, hckosice said:

Great !

no spectators...

Dúbravka (newcastle Utd) our GK and the main chance to keep our chances still alive injured yesterday his knee and is out,,,

6 our players plays in Italy (Škriniar in Inter and Kucka in Parma the most affected places..) every person comming from Italy must be quarantined for two weeks (and I doubt anyone of them will even travel to Slovakia, Inter is already quarantned...

Hamšík is playing in China (so due coronavirus he didn´t play a football game some months now...lol)

what a situation lol...from one of the contenders to qualify via this Play-Offs we dropped to a total no chance... If UEFA will not cancel the Play-Offs is better to abandon and fofeit the match against Ireland to avoid some embarassing debacle

and our federation officially sent a letter to UEFA with a request of postpone the match against :IRL arguing we are in a almost unsolvable situation after the new preventive measures in the country

I agree with the postponement. Even if the epidemic peaked by June (hopefully it will), due to still prevailing risks, fear factor, etc. the attendance figures would be down massively in every host country/city.

One of the argument in favor of hosting the Euros was that it is going to benefit tourism. Personally I would not want to see sparsely attended matches (like Qatar athletic Wch) in the brand new super-expensive stadium, even if (a big if) the conditions would allow the competition to be held in the original dates.Plus, the new dates would also allow fans in the Covid-19 risk groups to attend as well (I assume that even if the worst is over, those people who are in the risk groups will still have to be super vigilant)

So, look forward to Euro 2021 and hope that we will live to see it :d:cry:

Edited by dharang

45 minutes ago, hckosice said:

and our federation officially sent a letter to UEFA with a request of postpone the match against :IRL arguing we are in a almost unsolvable situation after the new preventive measures in the country

Speaking as a football from :IRL I really hope we don't object to the request and I hope both games are postponed until more appropriate times

I think we can assume the official account of the Norwegian federation isn't spreading rumours, so there we go:

I don't think translation is needed to get what it says :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

36 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think we can assume the official account of the Norwegian federation isn't spreading rumours, so there we go:

I don't think translation is needed to get what it says :p 

Never thought i would be this sad for getting the news that Portugal gets to be European Champion for an additional extra year haha