website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Championship 2020

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The Nations League title is still available :d

Surely they'll take that too. Oh wait, they relegated, haha.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Congratulations on the world title Germany :p

Ouch ...

I must say that hurts. Its been almost 5 years since Germany won its last world title, how long has it been for the Netherlands?

All jokes aside: Its pretty sad how happy the team looked after this win, considering that Germany should absolutely destroy the Netherlands based on individual quality, but i guess with a coach like that every win is somewhat of a miracle. Best of luck to your team, maybe you guys can finally qualify for a big tournament again.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Germany was really awful at 2nd half , but were lucky enough to go with the win :clap: very good start , but i'm still not convinced of Low ability to lead Germany to something big at the next major tournaments 

Noone in Germany wants Löw to be the coach anymore. Everyone here wanted Grindel, Bierhoff, Löw and all the other guys gone after the world cup. Löw has absolutely no clue what he is doing and the formation tonight was horrible once again. On the one hand you have guys like Ginter or Schulz starting and on the other hand guys like Gündogan or Reus dont start and guys like Hummels, Boateng, Müller, Mustafi or Can dont even get nominated.

Personally i would like to see something like that:

Ter Stegen

Rüdiger Hummels Süle/Kehrer

Gündogan Kroos/Can/Goretzka/Brandt

Reus Havertz Sane

Gnabry Werner/Müller

Germany just doesnt have any quality fullbacks, so the formation has to be one whithout fullbacks.

The individual quality definitely is still there with guys like Neuer (Bayern), Ter Stegen (Barcelona), Leno (Arsenal), Hummels (Bayern), Boateng (Bayern), Süle (Bayern), Mustafi (Arsenal), Kehrer (PSG), Rüdiger (Chelsea), Kimmich (Bayern), Khedira (Juventus), Havertz (Leverkusen), Brandt (Leverkusen), Gündogan (Man City), Can (Juventus), Goretzka (Bayern), Kroos (Real), Reus (BVB), Sane (Man City), Gnabry (Bayern), Müller (Bayern), Draxler (PSG), Werner (RB Leipzig). I believe based on individual talent Germany is still easily top 8 and maybe even top 4 in the world. Of course for the next decade or so all big titles will be for France to lose, the talent gap between them and any other nation is just too big.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Noone in Germany wants Löw to be the coach anymore. Everyone here wanted Grindel, Bierhoff, Löw and all the other guys gone after the world cup. Löw has absolutely no clue what he is doing and the formation tonight was horrible once again. On the one hand you have guys like Ginter or Schulz starting and on the other hand guys like Gündogan or Reus dont start and guys like Hummels, Boateng, Müller, Mustafi or Can dont even get nominated.

Personally i would like to see something like that:

Ter Stegen

Rüdiger Hummels Süle/Kehrer

Gündogan Kroos/Can/Goretzka/Brandt

Reus Havertz Sane

Gnabry Werner/Müller

Germany just doesnt have any quality fullbacks, so the formation has to be one whithout fullbacks.

The individual quality definitely is still there with guys like Neuer, Ter Stegen, Hummels, Boateng, Süle, Mustafi, Kehrer, Rüdiger, Kimmich, Khedira, Havertz, Brandt, Gündogan, Can, Goretzka, Kroos, Reus, Sane, Gnabry, Müller, Draxler, Werner. I believe based on individual talent Germany is still easily top 8 and maybe even top 4 in the world. Of course for the next decade or so all big titles will be for France to lose, the talent gap between them and any other nation is just too big.

I told u before the WC , Low Is done with his tactics , he just can't give anything more for the team ,excluding 3 players from the NT is something i really see for the 1st time , especially that this decision is based on a technical view , what if this triple gained back their top performance , what will u do at this point ! today Sane and Gnabry saved his ass and he was more lucky with that Reus substitution and i wonder how come a player like Reus could be benched from the start of the game , Ter Stegen being benched is another wonder from Low , yes Neuer is one of the best goalkeepers in history , but right now Ter Stegen is one of the best goalkeepers in the world + i'm not anyhow convinced with Sule deserving a spot in Bayern or NT , he's too slow for being a full back that any fast winger can cause problems for him , at the end Germany's biggest problems are being with the 2 full backs and super striker like Germany always used to have , even Werner is struggling a bit this season with Leipzig 

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

I told u before the WC , Low Is done with his tactics , he just can't give anything more for the team ,excluding 3 players from the NT is something i really see for the 1st time , especially that this decision is based on a technical view , what if this triple gained back their top performance , what will u do at this point ! today Sane and Gnabry saved his ass and he was more lucky with that Reus substitution and i wonder how come a player like Reus could be benched from the start of the game , Ter Stegen being benched is another wonder from Low , yes Neuer is one of the best goalkeepers in history , but right now Ter Stegen is one of the best goalkeepers in the world + i'm not anyhow convinced with Sule deserving a spot in Bayern or NT , he's too slow for being a full back that any fast winger can cause problems for him , at the end Germany's biggest problems are being with the 2 full backs and super striker like Germany always used to have , even Werner is struggling a bit this season with Leipzig 

The fullbacks have been a problem for a long time. If you have no decent fullbacks, then you have to play without fullbacks. Germany has no real number 9 anymore, but i think with guys like Sane, Reus, Müller, Gnabry and Werner there are still more than enough guys who can score goals. There is noone coming up in the next couple of years at this position, right now all german fans should pray to god that Youssoufa Moukoko will really turn out to be a generational talent, otherwise the future at this position looks really bad.

Poland laboured into another win 2-0 vs :LAT  Our coach is way in over his head so we'll find a way to screw this up - or get super lucky with the powerhouses like Macedonia & Israel in this group ;)

Speaking of Loew, I'm glad he send the fat cats Hummels, Mueller & Boateng packing. A big middle finger salute to the Bayern ego :p