website statistics

Luge FIL World Cup 2018 - 2019

Totallympics

Just now, phelps said:

not fully convinced...they'd rather call the day off with such weather condition...

it was unfair for most of the riders and it could have become dangerous, too...

Well yeah, I agree the most fair would be to have no result at all. I mean, in these conditions two runs are more fair than one run (because then those with 'luck' in run one have a disadvantage in run two and vice versa), with zero runs being the most fair :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minuti fa, Monzanator ha scritto:

Neah, anyone other than a German winning a luge event is OK with me regardless of the circumstances! If rain-shortened Indy 500/Daytona 500 wins are valid then a one-run luge event should be as well.

yeah, one-run events are OK, if that run is not a farce like today's...

one-run events are not the actual point...

the problem with today's race is that also the only contested run wasn't fair at all...

and today's track sweepers behaviour was shameful (not the first time it happens in Germany, sadly)...they just tried to really clean up the track only for Geisenberger, as the other riders deserved to slide on a moguls' course rather than a luge track...:facepalm::wall:

8 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, one-run events are OK, if that run is not a farce like today's...

one-run events are not the actual point...

the problem with today's race is that also the only contested run wasn't fair at all...

and today's track sweepers behaviour was shameful (not the first time it happens in Germany, sadly)...they just tried to really clean up the track only for Geisenberger, as the other riders deserved to slide on a moguls' course rather than a luge track...:facepalm::wall:

Yep, same thing happens in bobsleigh/skeleton, where start lines get a good sweep only before German crews...

#banbestmen

35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Neah, anyone other than a German winning a luge event is OK with me regardless of the circumstances! If rain-shortened Indy 500/Daytona 500 wins are valid then a one-run luge event should be as well.

This is just besides the entire point, but alright :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!