website statistics

South American Youth Games 2022

Totallympics

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Really strange decision to have very few events between Monday-Wednesday.

I believe it's because there was a big shift between kids that already finished and those that compete this week. The lodging in these games is limited (there's nothing like an athletes village, I think they are in hotels). Understand, all this is being organized with pennies.  

On 4/29/2022 at 10:15 AM, Olympian1010 said:

Also, I really like the branding/look of these Games. It’s a lot of colors, but it works. I like that the pictograms, sports program, and cultural activities are reminiscent/influenced by Buenos Aires 2018 as well.

Influenced? Huh :p It's almost directly copied with the exact same colours 

18 hours ago, LDOG said:

I believe it's because there was a big shift between kids that already finished and those that compete this week. The lodging in these games is limited (there's nothing like an athletes village, I think they are in hotels). Understand, all this is being organized with pennies.

For what this is, I think the event is very well organized. No need to spend millions and millions at any youth Games. Sadly, because of the schedule nobody is commenting about this anymore, hopefully this changes tomorrow.

1 hour ago, konig said:

It will be dificult to be second in medal table, Colombia increases the diferences more and more with the time........

It's mostly because they will win everything in skating (8 medals with no serious competition in this continent...) and because of one boy that won everything in gymnastics except the rings (7 golds lol).

Other than that it's not really an impressive performance from them.

28 minutes ago, LDOG said:

It's mostly because they will win everything in skating (8 medals with no serious competition in this continent...) and because of one boy that won everything in gymnastics except the rings (7 golds lol).

Other than that it's not really an impressive performance from them.

I agree with you but imagine we are locals and with seven gold of diference with only two more days of competition, i don know why we dont have strongs sports for us like rowing, canoeing or sailing.

1 hour ago, konig said:

I agree with you but imagine we are locals and with seven gold of diference with only two more days of competition, i don know why we dont have strongs sports for us like rowing, canoeing or sailing.

Logistics, probably? These sports can be quite difficult to host.