website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

Just now, Quasit said:

I'm jealous you guys eat so many fruits. I avoid so many of them because of texture and aftertaste unless I make a smoothie out of it or something. :d 

It's a matter of getting into a sort of rhythm where throughout the day I want to eat at least two or three pieces of fruit, for health's sake :d (and because it's tasty)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Now I really am curious which is the one you eat basically every day :d 

If it's pineapple I'm jealous, even though pineapple is just as common here (in supermarkets of course) :p 

When thinking about Brazilian fruits and such, my mouth starts watering when thinking about açerola juice :wub: (be it entirely Brazilian or not, I know I've only tried it there so for me it counts)

I eat pineapple every 2 weeks lol

We had a variety of pineapple from Bogor - which is smaller (to the point that I can eat one by myself), sweeter, and cheap (like 1 Euro for two).

As I live in a tropical nation, most people eat one of these regularly: oranges/papaya/banana 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's a matter of getting into a sort of rhythm where throughout the day I want to eat at least two or three pieces of fruit, for health's sake :d (and because it's tasty)

Ah, that's basically what I do with vegetables. Guess I'm more a vegetable person but I have to say I do love apple ssamjang (Korean hot dipping paste that includes apples). 

Maybe you could also get into a rhythm with, dare I say it ... olives. :d 

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

13 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Ah, that's basically what I do with vegetables. Guess I'm more a vegetable person but I have to say I do love apple ssamjang (Korean hot dipping paste that includes apples). 

Maybe you could also get into a rhythm with, dare I say it ... olives. :d 

The only benefit of eating olives is the weight I'd lose by vomiting my stomach's contents out. No thanks.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Now I really am curious which is the one you eat basically every day :d 

If it's pineapple I'm jealous, even though pineapple is just as common here (in supermarkets of course) :p 

When thinking about Brazilian fruits and such, my mouth starts watering when thinking about açerola juice :wub: (be it entirely Brazilian or not, I know I've only tried it there so for me it counts)

What I meant it's that I pick one (or more) of them to eat everyday, usually mango and bananas, pineapple is more like once a week. A picture I just took of my fruit bowl, basically all the fruits I mentioned are there :d

Fruits.png

Acerola juice is great, but when in season, it's so common where I live that I prefer other fruits, like guava, passion fruit, pineapple, and the basic orange and lime juices.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Exactly. I wish the "exotic" fruits for us weren't so expensive, but I'm happy with the ones available :p

Now I'm curious, what fruits are considered exotic in Brazil? :p

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now I'm curious, what fruits are considered exotic in Brazil? :p

Brazil is a big country, so maybe some fruits are exotic and hard to find where I live (Northeast), but are more accessible in the South region.

Most kind of berries are exotic for me, to the point I have never eaten blueberries, raspberries, blackberries... the list goes on. Strawberries are more common, just like plums, peaches, kiwifruits and pitaya, meaning that I can find them even in a small town like mine, but all of them are not cheap, so I usually just don't pick them. For example, if I wanted 1kg of strawberries, peaches or plums, I would have to pay the same amount of money I spent in that entire fruit bowl :p

2 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Brazil is a big country, so maybe some fruits are exotic and hard to find where I live (Northeast), but are more accessible in the South region.

Most kind of berries are exotic for me, to the point I have never eaten blueberries, raspberries, blackberries... the list goes on. Strawberries are more common, just like plums, peaches, kiwifruits and pitaya, meaning that I can find them even in a small town like mine, but all of them are not cheap, so I usually just don't pick them. For example, if I wanted 1kg of strawberries, peaches or plums, I would have to pay the same amount of money I spent in that entire fruit bowl :p

Basically the same! The closest chance to “eat” blueberries is from blueberry jam which costs the same for 2 kg of oranges.

Regarding peaches, I have never touched an actual peach before :p 

• 2 years later...