website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Food & Drinks Thread

Quasit

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

you're missing white chocolate...:evil:

I only count chocolate as chocolate :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

so, it could only be 1 (as I always say...the only true chocolate is the dark one) or 3 (because technically, milk and white chocolate are made with the same process and there's only a color difference in the outcome...so, both shouldn't be considered as pure chocolate...or you can just do as most people and call all of them "chocolate" making no distinction at all and count them as 3)...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

so, it could only be 1 (as I always say...the only true chocolate is the dark one) or 3 (because technically, milk and white chocolate are made with the same process and there's only a color difference in the outcome...so, both shouldn't be considered as pure chocolate...or you can just do as most people and call all of them "chocolate" making no distinction at all and count them as 3)...

I refuse. White chocolate doesn't count #DarkPower #FuckWhite

Gubai

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In theory white chocolate should not be consider as chocolate because it contains cocoa butter but not cocoa paste, which essentially means that it has more or less good physical properties for cooking purposes (like melting point) but has not the same organolectic

properties of chocolate which contains also roasted cocoa seeds (read serotonine and other kinds of small acids, if I remember well).

Going back to my work, @phelps would have loved the 85% dark chocolate I used for shell and dark ganache :d

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Whites chocolate is chocolate. It’s just made using a different blend of cocoa. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, AlFHg said:

In theory white chocolate should not be consider as chocolate because it contains cocoa butter but not cocoa paste, which essentially means that it has more or less good physical properties for cooking purposes (like melting point) but has not the same organolectic

properties of chocolate which contains also roasted cocoa seeds (read serotonine and other kinds of small acids, if I remember well).

Going back to my work, @phelps would have loved the 85% dark chocolate I used for shell and dark ganache :d

Woah 85% is pretty bitter. I can barely handle 75%, and I love dark chocolate. By the way, has anyone tried Ruby Chocolate? It’s a new type of bean, and it has a very interesting flavor. It’s also naturally pink/purple.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Woah 85% is pretty bitter. I can barely handle 75%, and I love dark chocolate. By the way, has anyone tried Ruby Chocolate? It’s a new type of bean, and it has a very interesting flavor. It’s also naturally pink/purple.

I can easily handle 99% also...:p

however, my favourites are 70% to eat it in purity and 85% for those with aromatic flavour, especially the candied orange peels and the hot pepper chocolate (not together, of course)...:d

Just now, phelps said:

I can easily handle 99% also...:p

however, my favourites are 70% to eat it in purity and 85% for those with aromatic flavour, especially the candied orange peels and the hot pepper chocolate (not together, of course)...:d

On it’s own, Ruby is my favorite chocolate. It’s got a weird almost berry like after taste, and quite a bit of tang. 

I prefer milk chocolate when paired with a filling.

I’ll take dark chocolate either way, but I prefer 70% or 75%.

White Chocolate can go fuck itself.