website statistics

Women's Boxing AIBA World Championships 2018

bestmen

On 20/11/2018 at 01:37, phelps said:

well, I just watched this bout...

and even if Petrova was clearly the best boxer of the 2, I wouldn't say it's such a scandal of a verdict...

in round #1, they both did absolutely nothing...and Sonia was the one who got closer to land at least 1 or 2 jabs...so, I'd give this round to her, too...

in round #2, it was only Petrova...she took control of the center of the ring and of the pace...and she landed a pair of good hits, too...I refuse to believe that a single judge gave this round to the Indian girl...

in the last round, to me Sonia didn't do anything good enough to earn the call, despite Petrova not being aggressive enough, too...but no way a fair judgment could go in her direction...

however, Petrova was indeed too arrogant and "lazy"...I didn't like her attitude at all and I understand all those who might favor the Indian girl in a tight call because of that...but still, to me this is another wrong and unfair result, after all...

p.s. how biased are those commentators? I understand the colour commentator being part in the cause, but the play-by-play...he's definitely not and Indian voice, but still he's saying a lot of bullsh*t and all of them always in the same direction...:facepalm::wall:

India has been on the other side of judging for many years by aiba. This year we are hosting it so aiba might have asked the judges for at least a couple of finalist... So no suprises all host nations take advantage so why not we... 

The Indian commentator is a football expert for football leagues in the country and world cups...and for multi sports events it's hockey ,weightlifting and boxing that he is in incharge... 

He's paid for talking about Indian punches and not vice versa... So he's doing well and I'm happy with the Indian boxers and officials ...

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

India has been on the other side of judging for many years by aiba. This year we are hosting it so aiba might have asked the judges for at least a couple of finalist... So no suprises all host nations take advantage so why not we... 

The Indian commentator is a football expert for football leagues in the country and world cups...and for multi sports events it's hockey ,weightlifting and boxing that he is in incharge... 

He's paid for talking about Indian punches and not vice versa... So he's doing well and I'm happy with the Indian boxers and officials ...

I think the other commentator is the Englishman Patrick Kinghorn?

He has had some controversial moments.... https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/football-presenter-allegedly-bit-co-host-face-053313081.html

14 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:roflmao: 

So if India is losing a football match 2-5 you prefer to have a commentator who tells you that they're winning 2-0 and destroying their opponent because "he's paid for talking about Indian goals and not vice versa" rather than a competent commentator who tells you what's really happening on the field

38 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

He should be paid for talking about the fights....not for talking about only one athlete in a fight with two athletes....that is just strange.....and makes no sense.......possibly he is having some trouble with it since he has to do it in English now (which I think, although I could be wrong, based on what I've been hearing from him........he doesn't do so often......), but still......it's weird to only have to talk about one athlete..............instead of both......

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

42 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

He should be paid for talking about the fights....not for talking about only one athlete in a fight with two athletes....that is just strange.....and makes no sense.......possibly he is having some trouble with it since he has to do it in English now (which I think, although I could be wrong, based on what I've been hearing from him........he doesn't do so often......), but still......it's weird to only have to talk about one athlete..............instead of both......

I see that curling Kenny hacked his way into Totallympics. Hi there Kenny. :bye:

#banbestmen

16 hours ago, Dunadan said:

So if India is losing a football match 2-5 you prefer to have a commentator who tells you that they're winning 2-0 and destroying their opponent because "he's paid for talking about Indian goals and not vice versa" rather than a competent commentator who tells you what's really happening on the field

No he can't say India is winning 2-0 but must be highlighting the positive game India has placed.... He must be able to justify that the opponent scored more goals but it was just a fluke... If goals are from free kick or penalty he should explain how bad the referees decision was... He should point out as many negatives of opponent as possible... And must make sure the audience believes India can beat them easily next time after such a close fight and controversial judging by referees in opponents favour... 

P. S: Sarcastically Mocking at over 70% of Indian commentators:p

Betrian seemed completely gassed out after her strong earlier fights, too bad. I hope Fontijn can finally take a gold now that Shields is gone :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!