website statistics

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022

Totallympics

The Canadian men's team is in dispute with the federation over pay for the World cup. The players want a 40% cut of the money but the federation is offering 10%

They skipped training today and who even knows if the friendly vs Panama (which is a whole other story in itself) will even happen.

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

The Canadian men's team is in dispute with the federation over pay for the World cup. The players want a 40% cut of the money but the federation is offering 10%

They skipped training today and who even knows if the friendly vs Panama (which is a whole other story in itself) will even happen.

Well, the Federation can always bring lower level players. I'm sure they will find volunteers to play at the World Cup and expose themselves :p

so it will be England, USA, Iran and Wales in Group B. feel sorry for Ukraine :( they missed lots of chances.

this is an interesting group with 3 English speaking countries, what I wanted but things have changed a lot since the draw. with this preparation at the moment I expect Iran to lose all 3 matches. :(

Well Karma is a bitch, Canada Soccer derailed Iran's WC preparation and plans for June by that late cancellation. (we will most probably end up playing 0 matches for being stupid and not predicting this)

actually I know it wasn't all CSA's fault. some lying traitors did that mostly, that's a long story but still, I can't hide that I'm glad about this Panama cancellation thing. that's some consolation. CSA screwed up both teams pretty good.

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada v Panama cancelled... lol

Qualify for the WC for the first time in 36 years and this shit happens. What a joke

Yeah, this reminds me of these African teams when before every World Cup seemingly at least one African team always argues about money :p The only difference with Canada is the argument takes place five months before the World Cup and not five weeks.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Well Karma is a bitch, Canada Soccer derailed Iran's WC preparation and plans for June by that late cancellation. (we will most probably end up playing 0 matches for being stupid and not predicting this)

actually I know it wasn't all CSA's fault. some lying traitors did that mostly, that's a long story but still, I can't hide that I'm glad about this Panama cancellation thing. that's some consolation. CSA screwed up both teams pretty good.

" lying traitors" - it was mostly the Iranian diaspora who didn't want a team representing a terrorist regime playing in Canada in what was deemed a friendly match (all over Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 being shot down). As the game came closer political people including Justin Trudeau (whose government approved the visas, btw, said it wasn't a good idea). Really stupid imo. This is a sport and the game should have on, but political pressure strikes again.