website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Competition Schedule Road to Paris 2024

12 hours ago, Federer91 said:

I don't like though, that we now have 3 days of swimming and athletics colliding... It was usually only 1 day, where swimming was only an hour with the last few finals. They are even at the same time in both sessions..

Yes, that's awful. I totally agree with you. My 2 favourite sports...

13 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

Uhm. Too many events at the same time, 90% of finals in the afternoon. Not so good.

I totally agree here. One can skip the entire day's events and make arrangements for multiple viewing options from 7 - 11pm Paris Time and it would be like entire games are covered. Nonetheless concentrating on too many things doesn't make for a nice experience 

One thing I notice just now is the equestrian schedule. I have a hard time seeing eventing in 4 straight days with those sessions? Jumping is clearly last again (individual on day 8 and team on day 11) considering the 2½ hour sessions.

What are your thoughts, @dcro?

1 hour ago, Agger said:

One thing I notice just now is the equestrian schedule. I have a hard time seeing eventing in 4 straight days with those sessions? Jumping is clearly last again (individual on day 8 and team on day 11) considering the 2½ hour sessions.

What are your thoughts, @dcro?

I think the first three days are supposed to be eventing. Looks like they will be going all in with the "sprint dressage".

They cut it down to one and half days in Tokyo. Looks to be one day in Paris.

#banbestmen

If anyone is interested, here's a comparison between the 2020 and 2024 Olympics (for sailing/surfing I went with their original schedule). The colored squares was the 2020 schedule (blue = qualification only days, gold = medal days) while squares with a letter (Q for qualification only days, F for finals days) is the 2024 schedule.

Most sports either stayed the same or shifted one day, but there are some major changes like taekwondo shifting from the first four days to days 11-15.

2020 to 2024 Schedule Comparison.png

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to prepare a kind of schedule sheet for Paris 2024. I am certainly not an expert on Excel but I'll try my best.

So far - you will find attached here early draft from Wed 24.7 (day -2) to Sat 27.7 (day 1).

This kind of schedule was extremely useful for me during Tokyo but I started to prepare it much too late and I had it done properly only for a few first days, I have posted it here then.

I will try to prepare the next days soon and when the first version is ready, I will try to update it frequently, as soon as we get more info on events scheduling.

22.04.15 Paris 2024 schedule.xlsx

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

Anyone knows when the detailed Paris 2024 schedule - event by event, session by session - may be published? I don’t remember how it was for previous Games.

Tokyo's was released in April, 2019.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/04/16/tokyo-2020-olympic-master-competition-schedule/