website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Competition Schedule Road to Paris 2024

I like more sports before the Opening Ceremony, because i can watch them, before the clusterfuck starts.

I don't like though, that we now have 3 days of swimming and athletics colliding... It was usually only 1 day, where swimming was only an hour with the last few finals. They are even at the same time in both sessions..

Weightlifting in the last 5 days is interesting. Usually the schedule is more free by that time, so it could be for the better, though taekwondo is also bunched then. Wrestling with 2 hour morning sessions and then 4 hour final sessions is a choice. I would have preferred the finals to start 2 hours earlier and not collided with everything in the 20-23 hour period. 

Team Sports very heavy in the beginning, which is expected with group stages, but i think Tokyo had a more balanced schedule. Will see what happens, the more we get closer to the Games. 

14 minutes ago, phelps said:

however, the highlight of the Games is basically at the end, on Friday 9th and Saturday 10th of August...

luckily, it's in prime time...

I just can't wait for the Breakdance to make its Olympic debut! :cheer: :banana:

I knew you'd be excited for the last weekend!

6 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Looks like it's a stadium issue.  They're at Stade de France, so they probably need it to start/finish a couple of days earlier to get the stadium ready for athletics.

It is. It was planned to take place in Jean Bouin (next to the Parc des Princes & RG), which is a rugby stadium (20k). For whatever reason they decided to move it to the SDF ... having most of the tournament (2 days/3 for one of the genders) before the OC is pretty lame.