website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey IIHF Division I Group A World Championship 2019

hckošice

• 5 months later...

Apparently the tournament will be really held now in Nur-Sultan :d

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wmia/news/9468/tickets-for-astana-available-now

Six teams battle it out at the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A in the Kazakh capital of Nur-Sultan (previously known as Astana) to gain promotion to the top-level 2020 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship in Switzerland. Tickets are now available.

On 5th March at midnight local time the tickets sale for hockey fans interested in coming to the 2019 IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship Division I Group A opens. Games will be played at the 12,000-seat Barys Arena that opened just over three years ago and fans from many countries.

Citizens from many countries including all participating countries of the tournament can visit Kazakhstan without a visa. Read more about it in the Travel section. You can also find more information about the city of Nur-Sultan and about Barys Arena in the Information section.

Just now, Sindo said:

I guess they are not going to update the name on the logo :p

I really don´t know what to think about it. is it Nur-Sultan or Astana ? they write the whole story about Nur-Sultan and then at the bottom of the article they put the best pictures of Astana :dhttps://www.iihf.com/en/events/2019/wmia/tournamentinfo/9428/astana

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2019 at 20:10, hckosice said:

Huge news and boost for Slovenia,

the "wonder podigy" from Hrušica, Anže Kopitar will play for Slovenia, the LA Kings superstar accepted the invitation and will join :SLO team the last week before the tournament :thumbup:

this is good, but we will be without jan muršak,aleš mušič,mitja robar(finished international carier),injured are jan urbas,žiga jeglič and žiga pavlin.

so we are without 6 great players who means a lot in our small country

4 hours ago, mihamiha said:

this is good, but we will be without jan muršak,aleš mušič,mitja robar(finished international carier),injured are jan urbas,žiga jeglič and žiga pavlin.

so we are without 6 great players who means a lot in our small country

Belarus will be without doubt the top favorite of the tournament, but the battle for the second spot should be open, between :SLO:HUN and host :KAZ Kopitar may be the decisive difference factor for Slovenia.

Tournament Format

• 6 Nations play a usual Round-Robin tournament, Each team play once every opponent,
  • The 1st and 2nd ranked Nations will qualify for the Men´s World Championships Top Division next year in 2020.
  • The Nations ranked 3rd-5th will stay in this division also for the next season,
  • The last ranked 6th Nation will be relegated to the next year´s Men´s Division I Group B World Championships 2020.

Monday April 29th, 2019 -

Round-Robin Day 1 Schedule (GMT +6)

LIVESTREAM

Round-Robin
Alma-Ata Time (GMT +6)

Hungary HUN.gif vs KOR.gif South Korea
Period-by-Period:
April 29th 2019, h. 12:30, Barys Arena, Nur-Sultan

Lithuania LTU.gif vs BLR.gif Belarus
Period-by-Period:
April 29th 2019, h. 16:00, Barys Arena, Nur-Sultan

Slovenia SLO.gif vs KAZ.gif Kazakhstan