website statistics

Men's Basketball NBA 2018 - 2019

bestmen

7 hours ago, phelps said:

:finger:

the Greek (from Cameroon) Freak is gonna get it!

1) I think he was born in Greece and his parents immigrated from Nigeria.

2) I am not sure Giannis deserves it more, but it for sure should be between those 2.

3) Interesting video about Giannis (TNT feature called "Finding Giannis"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCU305tzmM

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

18 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

1) I think he was born in Greece and his parents immigrated from Nigeria.

2) I am not sure Giannis deserves it more, but it for sure should be between those 2.

3) Interesting video about Giannis (TNT feature called "Finding Giannis"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCU305tzmM

1) yeah, I know he was born in Greece...but I wrongly thought (I don't even know why?) his heritage was from Cameroon...instead his parents are actually from Nigeria...

2) I'm not sure, too...but if you ask me, I just can't stand Harden's attitude on the court nor I like his style of play...moreover, Milwaukee at the moment have a better record than Houston (and yes, I know they play in the Eastern Conference meanwhile Houston are in the more competitive West, but still)...so the final choice it's quite easy to me...

3) nice video...

6 hours ago, phelps said:

1) yeah, I know he was born in Greece...but I wrongly thought (I don't even know why?) his heritage was from Cameroon...instead his parents are actually from Nigeria...

2) I'm not sure, too...but if you ask me, I just can't stand Harden's attitude on the court nor I like his style of play...moreover, Milwaukee at the moment have a better record than Houston (and yes, I know they play in the Eastern Conference meanwhile Houston are in the more competitive West, but still)...so the final choice it's quite easy to me...

3) nice video...

1) Maybe you thought of Joel Embiid (who is from Cameroon)?

2) Hardens still of play/character shouldnt matter for the MVP award. His stats are unique and i think Giannis has a better supporting cast with Lopez, Bledsoe, Brogdon and Middleton. Harden has Paul and Capela but for like half the season Paul and/or Capela were injured, so i would say Harden leading Houston to the record they currently have is more impressive than what Giannis did. The only argument pro Giannis in my opinion is that he is just a way better defender, so some might say that he has more impact overall.

3) You watched it? Really crazy to see how he grew up and where he came from. A lot of NBA players had a difficult childhood, but what guys like Giannis or Embiid went through is probably on another level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

2) Hardens still of play/character shouldnt matter for the MVP award. His stats are unique and i think Giannis has a better supporting cast with Lopez, Bledsoe, Brogdon and Middleton. Harden has Paul and Capela but for like half the season Paul and/or Capela were injured, so i would say Harden leading Houston to the record they currently have is more impressive than what Giannis did. The only argument pro Giannis in my opinion is that he is just a way better defender, so some might say that he has more impact overall.

3) You watched it? Really crazy to see how he grew up and where he came from. A lot of NBA players had a difficult childhood, but what guys like Giannis or Embiid went through is probably on another level.

1) possibly/probably...but frankly I still don't know why I developed that idea...:mumble:

2) I don't follow so closely to argue about your analysis...maybe you're right...for sure those who express their votes are human beings...and this makes personal likes/dislikes always an issue when voting...

3) yes...I agree...I used to be a fan of Dikembe Mutombo, too...and he also has an amazing personal history...

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Also Harden plays in the West. Schedule is more difficult.