website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

16 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I hated our last place in 2015. I loved Ann-Sophie and Black Smoke and think it deserved much better. 2016 was fine, I guess. I would never have ranked it last and felt sorry for her, but I didn't much care for the song either.

But after last years (IMO, well deserved) success, NDR did nothing this year. They had a lackluster national decision, did nothing to promote the song (not even in Germany) and just look at their stage presence tonight. Oh wait, you can't, there wasn't any.

Heck, NDR put the official Video on YouTube last Monday, literally months after everyone else. Oh how I miss the days of Stefan Raab. He knew how to promote his artists and how to set them in scene. Every single of the 6 Raab-entries finished in the Top 10. Out of the non-Raab entries there were only two this century. Michelle and last year Michael Schulte.  

Because of this post I googled Stefan Raab and realized Schlag den Raab has been off the air for a few years already apparently :yikes: 

I believe I watched it live once and was looking forward to seeing it again, but I never did :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I hated our last place in 2015. I loved Ann-Sophie and Black Smoke and think it deserved much better. 2016 was fine, I guess. I would never have ranked it last and felt sorry for her, but I didn't much care for the song either.

But after last years (IMO, well deserved) success, NDR did nothing this year. They had a lackluster national decision, did nothing to promote the song (not even in Germany) and just look at their stage presence tonight. Oh wait, you can't, there wasn't any.

Heck, NDR put the official Video on YouTube last Monday, literally months after everyone else. Oh how I miss the days of Stefan Raab. He knew how to promote his artists and how to set them in scene. Every single of the 6 Raab-entries finished in the Top 10. Out of the non-Raab entries there were only two this century. Michelle and last year Michael Schulte.  

Yeah, one of my biggest disappointments were that no one bothered to at least implement that spinning platform, because that moment when they held hands before the final chorus looked pretty great. Now it was just them walking. Kinda felt this one on a personal level, as it was on the level of the extremely poor staging that I've had in this year's selection where I just walked around, because I got a 6 days notice that I'm performing in the first show that's airing January 5th, but is being filmed before Christmas :lol:

And another great song of 2016, this time not the second place, but the winner was 100% political. Another thing - since I've been following the contest (which is since about 2005) there is one country, which makes most of the songs totally in my taste, almost always high, very often top3 of my own classification. The only case of winning in my eyes and ears and in the contest itself. :DEN - I love your Eurovision music.

2 hours ago, Vojthas said:

Example of Polish voting - jury gives 12 to a talent and singing skill of an Australian, public to some degenarates from Iceland... I'm not very close to tradition and conservatism, but still this is not the place for BDSM or political provocations.

I guess you will LOVE my new profile picture.

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

As I don't see the place for it in ESC, I don't see it in sports, especially Olympic forum as well.

One of the users here is from the United States and had two flags, one from Israel and one from the US, as his profile picture.

I support Palestine, I'm a fan of Iceland, Palestine is part of the Olympics, so this is just me showing support.

Wow so many posts/pages :yikes:I wanted to took a quick look who won etc...but there definitely too many posts and sadly I don´t have a lot of time to read everything, so just came to kindly ask who won, since even in our medias there not a single mention about this, or (more real) I am too lazy to search for it (mainly because of time...:p)? and

where I can see the winning song ? Thanks

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Wow so many posts/pages :yikes:I wanted to took a quick look who won etc...but there definitely too many posts and sadly I don´t have a lot of time to read everything, so just came to kindly ask who won, since even in our medias there not a single mention about this, or (more real) I am too lazy to search for it (mainly because of time...:p)? and

where I can see the winning song ? Thanks

HELLO HELLO WE WON

Spoiler

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!