website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2019

rybak

For me the jury votes used to be more in line to my taste. But recently I find the jury votes becoming very eccentric. Netherlands getting zeros from many juries just seems a bit odd. It will never seem like there is the right balance though and that's just how things will always be.

Example of Polish voting - jury gives 12 to a talent and singing skill of an Australian, public to some degenarates from Iceland... I'm not very close to tradition and conservatism, but still this is not the place for BDSM or political provocations.

5 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Example of Polish voting - jury gives 12 to a talent and singing skill of an Australian, public to some degenarates from Iceland... I'm not very close to tradition and conservatism, but still this is not the place for BDSM or political provocations.

While I'm not a fan of the jury , I totally agree with Iceland , ESC is not the place for that stuff. 

5 minutes ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

Norway had the most popular votes. So we beated Sweden at least 

By the way, you got 12 Points from German televoting.

And thanks Europe for the well deserved 0 points in Televoting. It's the deserved punishment for broadcaster NDR who did nothing to promote the Songs or singers in the last months or to help them in any way.

Wow, that was quite something. :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, Skijumpingmaster said:

Well the popular votes clearly shows that the jury votes are fucked up , just look at NM , Sweden and Czech . And Norway was very popular with the televotes , but only received 47 from the jury. 

Which surprised me. Then again, North Macedonia scoring high in the jury votes was something I didn't find weird. They got a ton of points from countries I didn't really expect, definitely not like the typical Serbia/Montenegro, Greece/Cyprus etc combos.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!