website statistics

Swimming

15 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Penny OLeksiak was leading through her heat at the 50 in the 100m butterfly but then just stopped and got out of the pool. I have seen nothing like this before. I wonder what happened.

According to Devin Heroux, Sydney Pickrem told him that was the plan for her to swim the first 50m. She honestly looked incredible in the first 50, I was so excited to see her return to the 100m fly. 

4 minutes ago, james89 said:

According to Devin Heroux, Sydney Pickrem told him that was the plan for her to swim the first 50m. She honestly looked incredible in the first 50, I was so excited to see her return to the 100m fly. 

Thank you! I found it odd she was entered in the 100 anyways since it came out last year it was not good on her body.

51 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Thank you! I found it odd she was entered in the 100 anyways since it came out last year it was not good on her body.

It should also be said that her time on the first 50 was under the A standard for the 50.

Day 2 of Canadian Trials to select teams for the Worlds and Commonwealth Games (A standard is selected for Worlds). 

Kylie Masse broke the NR in the 50m back (27.18)

Women's 100 fly

Maggie MacNeil 57.13

Katerine Savard 58.01

Men's 100 fly

Josh Liendo 50.88 (New NR)

Finlay Knox 51.86

Women's 1500m

Abby Dunford 16:20.86 (only 15 years old)

Men's 800m

No one qualified

7 hours ago, james89 said:

The 200m free final is going to be so intense. McIntosh, Oleksiak, Sanchez, Savard, Ruck and Smith. Such an incredibly deep field. 

All 6 of them were under the A standard. Wow!