website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

so far, China and Spain won their first ever medal in men's freestyle.

and of course Bahrain will win its first ever medal in wrestling in next few hours :d

I don't follow women's wrestling that much but Egypt and Cuba have good chance for their first ever medal in women's wrestling. also Mexico is in medal round with a chance for first ever medal in wrestling in general. even though I think Mongolia is strong favorite here.

Conyedo has a very good chance to become the 2nd Italian medalists (after Chamizo) in freestyle wrestling since Giovanni Schillaci back in 1994. (I remember that guy very well in 1996 Olympics lost in semifinal by referees decision) .

but one thing is very interesting for me. how come Oliynik is now wrestling for Hungary ? just last year he wrestled for Ukraine ! and as far as I know you have to be inactive for 24 months to switch nationality ! :dunno: maybe they changed the rules or maybe there is something fishy here. :whistle:

7 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

so far, China and Spain won their first ever medal in men's freestyle.

and of course Bahrain will win its first ever medal in wrestling in next few hours :d

I don't follow women's wrestling that much but Egypt and Cuba have good chance for their first ever medal in women's wrestling. also Mexico is in medal round with a chance for first ever medal in wrestling in general. even though I think Mongolia is strong favorite here.

Conyedo has a very good chance to become the 2nd Italian medalists (after Chamizo) in freestyle wrestling since Giovanni Schillaci back in 1994. (I remember that guy very well in 1996 Olympics lost in semifinal by referees decision) .

but one thing is very interesting for me. how come Oliynik is now wrestling for Hungary ? just last year he wrestled for Ukraine ! and as far as I know you have to be inactive for 24 months to switch nationality ! :dunno: maybe they changed the rules or maybe there is something fishy here. :whistle:

I think they're using the same new rules that allow Italy to use Conyedo, Kudiiamagomedov and Kakhelashvili...now you just need to have the residence in a Country and be part of a local club to take part in the international events for that Nation...

the only part that remained the same as it was in the past (actually, the required inactivity period before the switch has increased) are the Olympic Games (and their qualification tournaments)...

Edited by phelps

and it's :FRA vs :UKR for Gold in the women's -68kg class...

pity for our Dalma Caneva...she lost in the quarters against :CHN but unfortunately the Chinese girl couldn't match :UKR Cherkasova in the semifinal bout, so our girl won't take part in the repechage round tomorrow...:cry:

I am really excited to see Sadulaev vs Synder. I think it is gonna be hell of a match.

In women, Yasemin Adar reached the final again but the opponent is quite tough. Also, Japanese wrestlers were a disaster today. Not even a single final. 

I have one question though. There is 58 kg women wrestling class in the olympics. There are 57kg and 59kg in the world wrestling championships. Which one will be counted in the medal count of totallympics :d

18 minutes ago, merlinsbeard said:

I am really excited to see Sadulaev vs Synder. I think it is gonna be hell of a match.

In women, Yasemin Adar reached the final again but the opponent is quite tough. Also, Japanese wrestlers were a disaster today. Not even a single final. 

I have one question though. There is 58 kg women wrestling class in the olympics. There are 57kg and 59kg in the world wrestling championships. Which one will be counted in the medal count of totallympics :d

58kg is not at Olympics. 57 is.

Up to 50 kg

from 50 to 53 kg

from 53 to 57 kg

from 57 to 62 kg

from 62 to 68 kg

from 68 to 76 kg