website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Championships 2018

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, dareza said:

lol average guy from Spain won medal and this great wrestler from Russia without medal. This draw is joke.

that was a decent draw comparing to 125kg :d

I read an article about today matches, a bit exaggeration probably but something like "both Taylor and Petriashvili will have their easiest match of the competition in the final" :d

Edited by MHSN

41 dakika önce, MHSN said:

I would vote Taylor as the best wrestler of the tournament so far and he clearly deserved it. but that's not really correct. Yazdani was dominating him until he gassed . no excuse that's part of the game but it wasn't like he was dominating or something. Yazdani needs to learn some strategies. he does the same thing against all opponents. and if he can't finish it in 3-4 minutes. he is in trouble. I just hope he learns from this. that was a good learning lesson.

Well, if you spend all your energy in the first two minutes, of course you would dominate your opponent in those minutes. I believe Taylor was clearly better than Yazdani because it is a 6 minutes game and after the first two minutes Taylor was much more energetic and dominant than Yazdani.

checking draws for tomorrow. I noticed something interesting. Ricardo Adrian Baez is the first wrestler in history competing in two weight classes in the same style in one World Championship ! he lost 13-0 to our Karimi today at 92kg and since he came to Hungary why not trying my chance at 97kg :d another early exit for him against Oliinik (Ukrainian now representing Hungary) but still he will make history if he shows up on the mat tomorrow,

I think I wrote about such a stupid rule in World Juniors (that was a mistake by me, two different wrestlers with the same name) but this time this is really one wrestler in two different weights !

quick day for Iran. terrible, shameful. Emami made it 5 !!! 5th match we lost in last 10 seconds here. this time that was a phantom call indeed .but it doesn't matter. his Russian-born Slovak opponent was very weak in my opinion. he had no chance after all. and Goleij really ashamed Iranian wrestling losing 10-0 in less than 2 minutes !! he lost with the same score in the same way to the same guy couple months ago. hard to believe Goleij is a World Junior and World U23 Champion . this year he was extremely terrible even during Iranian nationals.

James Green losing to Mongolia made things complicated regarding the team title. now there is a chance for Russia ! last year in Paris it came to the last match between Snyder and Sadulaev. quite possible having the same situation this year too . even though Sadulaev has couple of tough matches ahead of him before the final. this guy Alborov (Russian representing Azerbaijan) is no joke . he beat Snyder before and beat our wrestler like a baby earlier in the morning.

interesting note, Sadulaev beat Nurov from Macedonia in first round (who is originally Russian), then he beat Mamed Ibragimov from Kazakhstan (who also originally from Russia). it's possible for him meeting Magomed Ibragimov from Uzbekistan (again from Russia !!) in quarterfinal and then Alborov in semifinal !! they are all from Russia. it means he has to beat 4 Russian wrestlers for going to the final :d

there is a medal chance for Italy too. Conyedo made it to the QF vs Snyder.

1 ora fa, MHSN ha scritto:

James Green losing to Mongolia made things complicated regarding the team title. now there is a chance for Russia ! last year in Paris it came to the last match between Snyder and Sadulaev. quite possible having the same situation this year too . even though Sadulaev has couple of tough matches ahead of him before the final. this guy Alborov (Russian representing Azerbaijan) is no joke . he beat Snyder before and beat our wrestler like a baby earlier in the morning.

interesting note, Sadulaev beat Nurov from Macedonia in first round (who is originally Russian), then he beat Mamed Ibragimov from Kazakhstan (who also originally from Russia). it's possible for him meeting Magomed Ibragimov from Uzbekistan (again from Russia !!) in quarterfinal and then Alborov in semifinal !! they are all from Russia. it means he has to beat 4 Russian wrestlers for going to the final :d

there is a medal chance for Italy too. Conyedo made it to the QF vs Snyder.

maybe we have a chance, really...

provided Conyedo has no chance against Snyder, he should face the Mongolian in the repechage final and then Oliinyk in the Bronze Medal match (I refuse to think the Ukranian-born Hungarian loses to CAN in QTFs)...

so, he could really make up for Chamizo's fail (by the way, I'm very disappointed about how he wrestled in both the semifinal bout vs Sidakov and even more in the Bronze medal bout vs Burroughs...he didn't even look the guy we've been used to watch in the last 4 years, since he's with Italy)...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

maybe we have a chance, really...

provided Conyedo has no chance against Snyder, he should face the Mongolian in the repechage final and then Oliinyk in the Bronze Medal match (I refuse to think the Ukranian-born Hungarian loses to CAN in QTFs)...

so, he could really make up for Chamizo's fail (by the way, I'm very disappointed about how he wrestled in both the semifinal bout vs Sidakov and even more in the Bronze medal bout vs Burroughs...he didn't even look the guy we've been used to watch in the last 4 years, since he's with Italy)...

Synder didn't impress in his first match. actually at some point he was 3-1 down with 2 minutes to go. he found a way eventually to score multiple takedowns. he is a 3 time World/Olympic Champion but he never made me feel he is unbeatable or something. some below average Iranian wrestlers had close matches with him and one of them even beat him. but he somehow knows how to win when it matters. Conyedo won't have it easy in repechage against Mongolia and the Canadian guy beat Mechedlidze !! maybe we should not underestimate him.

about Chamizo. you should remember he is now wrestling with guys heavier than himself. it takes time to adopt to the new weight class. each weight class has its own style of wrestling. he will be fine but I think he had wrong strategies in both matches. Sidakov was very beatable for him. btw who is his coach ? I assume there is no local high level freestyle coach in Italy. but his coach rarely talks to him from what i see. some Iranian wrestling experts recognizes him as Murad Gaidarov which is a bit surprising for me.

9 minuti fa, MHSN ha scritto:

Synder didn't impress in his first match. actually at some point he was 3-1 down with 2 minutes to go. he found a way eventually to score multiple takedowns. he is a 3 time World/Olympic Champion but he never made me feel he is unbeatable or something. some below average Iranian wrestlers had close matches with him and one of them even beat him. but he somehow knows how to win when it matters. Conyedo won't have it easy in repechage against Mongolia and the Canadian guy beat Mechedlidze !! maybe we should not underestimate him.

about Chamizo. you should remember he is now wrestling with guys heavier than himself. it takes time to adopt to the new weight class. each weight class has its own style of wrestling. he will be fine but I think he had wrong strategies in both matches. Sidakov was very beatable for him. btw who is his coach ? I assume there is no local high level freestyle coach in Italy. but his coach rarely talks to him from what i see. some Iranian wrestling experts recognizes him as Murad Gaidarov which is a bit surprising for me.

his personal coach is the same he used to train with in Cuba...

however, he's already on 74kg weight limit (meaning he has to cut a bit of weight to compete)...and maybe that's the problem...he used to dominate his opponents by being taller and quicker than them, but now he's not bigger than his rivals and had to put on more muscles to go in the 74kg class and he looks to have lost some of his main features (also because he's getting older, of course)...:mumble:

I don't know...maybe he's starting his descending phase...from now on, he's still going to be good, but not so dominant as he used to be...:cry:

Gaidarov is the head coach of the FS team (it's his credit to have taken Kudiiamagomedov in Italy)...

p.s. I haven't got any answer about him yet...I hope sooner or later to have fresh news...

Edited by phelps

well, Oliinyk destryed that Canadian guy in the end...

and Snyder had easy life against Conyedo...as expected...:p

meanwhile it was very close between Alborov and Odikadze, but finally it was the Georgian guy to prevail (and the last desperate challenge by AZE didn't work this time)...

men's FS -70kg, QTFs
:UKR b. :KGZ
:BRN b. :ARM
:RUS b. :MGL
:GEO b. :UZB

men's FS -97kg, QTFs
:RUS b. :UZB
:GEO b. :AZE
:HUN b. :CAN
:USA b. :ITA