website statistics

Asian Para Games 2018

hckošice

Via the IPC on the Asian Para Games

:LAO Laos’ Pia Laophakdee has stolen the show on day one (7 October) of the Para powerlifting at the Indonesia 2018 Asian Para Games, winning a gold medal in his first competitive event. Laophakdee pulled off a major shock to beat India’s Basha Farman to the men’s up to 49kg event, despite taking up the sport just six months ago.

:SRI swept the men's 200 m in track and field :yikes:

Just back from watching 4 sports.. I have to say it is more enjoyable than the Asian Games :evil:

Every athlete got applause no matter what position... Everyone stands up during any country's anthem (very rare in super-nationalistic Indonesia)..

And the most important less noise (personal preference).

Unfortunately since not that much people watching the Games, only a few entrance opened so you have to circle the venue a little bit to find the spectator area :wacko:

On 08/10/2018 at 22:02, intoronto said:

Via the IPC on the Asian Para Games

:LAO Laos’ Pia Laophakdee has stolen the show on day one (7 October) of the Para powerlifting at the Indonesia 2018 Asian Para Games, winning a gold medal in his first competitive event. Laophakdee pulled off a major shock to beat India’s Basha Farman to the men’s up to 49kg event, despite taking up the sport just six months ago.

:SRI swept the men's 200 m in track and field :yikes:

I find the fact that Pia of Laos only took up the sport 6 months ago hard to believe since there was a para power lifter by the name of Pia competing for Laos in the -49kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics! But maybe he has a brother?

1 hour ago, uk12points said:

I find the fact that Pia of Laos only took up the sport 6 months ago hard to believe since there was a para power lifter by the name of Pia competing for Laos in the -49kg event at the Rio 2016 Paralympics! But maybe he has a brother?

Maybe 6 months after he adopted a surname? :p

In fact it is the same man... I don't know how they can be so random

12 horas atrás, Griff88 disse:

And :TLS Timor Leste won a dramatic race to clinch their first gold.. Sadly I only managed to record the medal ceremony

It's so nice to see our Lusophone irmãos (brothers) doing well!

Timor Leste is the only nation not to have earned a medal at one of the events organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (even :BHU has 2 bronze medals -- Asian Marial Arts Games and Asian Martial Arts and Indoor Games -- and :MDV has one (Asian Beach Games). Finally :TLS has a continental medal now.

And if Wikipedia is to be trusted, :LAO and :OMA won their first medals ever at the Asian Para Games. 

15 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's so nice to see our Lusophone irmãos (brothers) doing well!

Timor Leste is the only nation not to have earned a medal at one of the events organized by the Olympic Council of Asia (even :BHU has 2 bronze medals -- Asian Marial Arts Games and Asian Martial Arts and Indoor Games -- and :MDV has one (Asian Beach Games). Finally :TLS has a continental medal now.

And if Wikipedia is to be trusted, :LAO and :OMA won their first medals ever at the Asian Para Games. 

Maldives was lucky to win that medal, iirc, all the countries in the event they won the medal in got a medal.