website statistics

Russia-Ukraine Crisis Consequences in Sports

Totallympics

6 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

This really proves how double standard are many people here with all due respect, what do Yemeni people deal with their Regine decisions , I quit this forum where nationalities decide your human rights,  I'm really sick of your double standards and hatred against American black, Asians, Russians, Chinese, Muslims , etc goodbye and thanks for memories 

my friend can I ask you to change your mind ? :pope: I exactly have the same problem with these double standards. I left the forum so many times in past . you can ask Sindo . he will tell you :d try this "ignore option" that's great. that's the only reason I'm still here. I simply don't see people I don't like.

It doesn't matter what's right or wrong, there's literally no precedent for a Russian DSQ since the two World Wars. CAS will rule in favor of Russia even if FIFA tries to drop them. 

Personally I think the decision from Poland and Sweden to forfeit their matches is foolish. They are throwing their chance away to qualify for the World Cup and for what? Take a hint from us: we played against the Soviet Union in 1956 at the Olympic Games, we didn't forfeit our matches. And the water polo match that we won against them is far more legendary than what a forfeit match would have been. 

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

Neither have the Ukrainian civilians. Or just the whole Ukraine, for that matter.

Of course, but the russian team that enters the pitch are just a bunch of footballers doing their job. I don't see the point in expelling them from the competition other than for symbolic reasons.

That's why I said cut the prize money instead, because that's something that can actually be used for evil purposes back in Russia.

Even though I'm anti Russian, not allowing them to play is not fair.  Move the games somewhere else.   Either to one of the 3 countries in the bracket or to a totally different country.   But their players to deserve to play (and probably lose to poland anyway)

32 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It doesn't matter what's right or wrong, there's literally no precedent for a Russian DSQ since the two World Wars. CAS will rule in favor of Russia even if FIFA tries to drop them. 

Actually...  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1974_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_(UEFA–CONMEBOL_play-off)

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Personally I think the decision from Poland and Sweden to forfeit their matches is foolish. They are throwing their chance away to qualify for the World Cup and for what? Take a hint from us: we played against the Soviet Union in 1956 at the Olympic Games, we didn't forfeit our matches. And the water polo match that we won against them is far more legendary than what a forfeit match would have been. 

The majority of the world will withdraw from the World Cup if the Russians there. If CAS allow Russia to compete they as good as cancelling the World Cup.

29 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Maybe the Whole World Cup will be cancelled!!!!!11

That is looking quite possible.

Through I am sure CAS are not crazy enough to risk their own abolition. And if they do order Fifa to make Russia appear at the World Cup they would be a good as doing that. CAS are already deeply unpopular. 

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

The majority of the world will withdraw from the World Cup if the Russians there. If CAS allow Russia to compete they as good as cancelling the World Cup.

They should just let it play out.  Russia is worse then Poland, Sweden or Czech Republic.   Play the games elsewhere and Russia will just lose

8 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

They should just let it play out.  Russia is worse then Poland, Sweden or Czech Republic.   Play the games elsewhere and Russia will just lose

Those countries will rightly not  u turn now. Cosmdeirng how unpopular FIFA is I really don’t think it’s worth it from them for the world to think they pro Russia at a time like this. If they not careful FIFA could lose many members permanently.

But FIFA can always sink lower.