website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

So it is most of the World after all. Majority in every region. South America and SEA are almost universally in favor (commies aside, of course :rolleyes:). Entire Oceania (surprise surprise). Large majority of Africa and the Caribbean, including their big players like Egypt, Nigeria and Kenya. Most of the Middle East as well.

#banbestmen

1) I am shocked to see how little most people seem to know about Eritrea.

2) Afganistan's vote probably isn't the Taliban's vote. I think their representatives are still part of the old "government".

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

The logic of the countries abstaining makes me rather angry. In a time of conflict you have to chose sides. Not chosing sides means siding with the aggressor. Their voting behavior clearly shows that they don't take the west very seriously. I am sure that most/all of those countries are more dependant on western than russian business, but they think that Russia is far more likely to cut ties with them over their vote. I think if the west would sanction all countries that abstain, the vote would look very differently.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I would have imagined clear dictatorships to be supporting Russia here, so no surprise with the ones who voted against. But yeah, Talibanistan might be a tad surprising :p 

that's not Taliban's vote. the guy from the Ashraf Ghani's government voted himself

Taliban would probably vote for Abstention based on their official statement few days ago

Elena Osipova one of the last survivors of the siege of Leningrad, was detained by police tonight at an anti-war demonstration in St. Petersburg