website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

8 hours ago, Dolby said:

I have seen some videos of Indian students alleging discrimination from Ukrainian official but I would personally give them benefit of doubt because of the volatile situation. I think the reality is a combination of many different things, where some official must be angry at India and discriminated against some students, tense students mistaking the delay as discrimination and a variety of other issues. 

Sadly there appears to be some truth in this. Seen too many videos and testimonies from many Indian and African students alleging racial discrimination. Disappointing. 

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

Finally they accepted to negotiate

Although I doubt Russia will accept the only realistic demand, which is of course "Russia retreats and admits defeat" and nothing else.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If ever you wanted to see Red Wedding vibes in real life..

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

If ever you wanted to see Red Wedding vibes in real life..

Just some historical context: Hungarians were invited to a negotiation on November 3rd 1956, our defense minister attended it. The Hungarian delegation was captured by the KGB. On the next day the Soviet army entered Budapest and it was all over.

The Ukrainians attending this negotiation must be ready for that they might find themselves in a Russian torture chamber by the end of the day. They could have found an actual neutral place for this event to take place, instead they might as well be traveling to Moscow, Belarus isn't safe for them.