website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Explosions reported some 65km from Pol-Ukr borders..coupl of hundreds k from SVK-UKR borders, well...

The football World Cup qualifying playoff Russia vs Poland on 24 March sure will be interesting....

Spoiler

Not like it will actually happen, but you know.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

30 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

I have never understood why Dutch hadn't kicked all the Russian business out of the Netherlands after they shut down the plane carrying so many of your homies.

Business first, isn't it?

Don't be angry at me, that's nothing personal, I just don't understand this thing.

It's astonishing how much this "incident" is being kept out of the mainstream media. Everywhere. So much for the "Western imperialists" controlling the narrative.

#banbestmen

Apparently Russian troops are moving in without much resistance for now, or at least that's what the rumours suggest. If this is how it will continue, Ukraine will fall very quickly, similar to the 2008 war in Georgia. Hopefully the EU and the Ukrainian leadership had enough common sense to have an evacuation plan for them to the EU, they have to leave before the Russians arrive in Kyiv. 

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's astonishing how much this "incident" is being kept out of the mainstream media. Everywhere. So much for the "Western imperialists" controlling the narrative.

Except for the Netherlands, for obvious reasons.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

On the bright side, Russia is probably fucking their own economy with this.

On the dark side, the people who will suffer from that are the many millions of regular Russians who probably don't care too much about these things and just want to live their regular life like you and me. Obviously the Putin's and his cronies aren't going to suffer one bit from a sanction more or less.

Exactly. Common people are the most affected. It is sad, but we never learn from history. Whenever a mad man rules, same thing happens all over again. And when someone says - people chose their government so they are responsible - well, those people have never lived under dictatorship or authoritarian rule. It is incredibly difficult to unite people and fight such evil when such government is so good in miss-information and division among its own people.
I do hope this won't escalate further. 

Yeah this'll help.

Sanctions or not, I think Putin will laugh at them. He has made it clear that he considers at least all Ancient Rus territory, and likely more, as Russian by right...he keep testing what the limit is and will not stop at this, he has the privilege of being the mad reckless driver who won't ever touch the brakes, and leave it to others the reponsibilty of avoiding massive incidents, considering them weak in the process. 

Well what a disaster and this is all the West's doing. Taking full control of a drunken Yeltsin while ripping off the Russian populace during the breakup of the Soviet Union. We had this coming and Putin wants a restoration of the old Soviet Union and it won't stop with the Ukraine. We had it coming...