website statistics

Southeast Asian Games 2021

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone else find it weird that the LOC’s YouTube channel appears to be broadcasting various feeds from random Vietnamese TV/Streaming channels? I feel like if any channel should have direct access to the global feed it’s the LOC’s official channel.

Unlike in the few last editions of SEA Games (for example Singapore 2015 and KL 2017 partnered with IGBS), there is no global feed or some international host broadcaster helping the broadcast. Everything is supplied by the central channel of VTV and their regional subsidiaries.

6 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

What is LOC ? 

Abbreviation for local organizing committee.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 5/15/2022 at 12:57 PM, Fly_like_a_don said:

I just don't like swimming at all so I'm not bothered. Why care about a sport that hasn't got even 30 minutes of my viewing since 2014 lol. But I do like finswimming , obstacle swimming, and few finals sessions of para swimming in major events. 

Athletics is another shocker just initial and final graphics after long time or some times not at all , no live timing of race which is bad. 

Tennis, Golf, 3X3, Wushu, Pencak Silat, Futsal , Football, Volleyball ,Snooker and Billiards , DanceSport look perfect to watch. 

It’s cool to see them broadcasting a good number of non-Olympic/World Games sports. I was just catching up on the aerobic gymnastics and finswimming.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I was checking some wrestling results. Vietnam won 17 out of 18 gold medals in this sport. the last gold medal at 125kg freestyle went to Cambodia. it was interesting because they hired a famous Iranian wrestler to coach their wrestling program (famous athlete, 2012 Olympic champion but a newbie coach)

at first look it was an interesting coaching result but the gold medalist turned out to be a random Iranian wrestler :d when you are a poor coach and can't help local athletes to improve. you always can call some help from home to get results.

24 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

E sports having quite a viewership at these games

Not too surprising, esports has a huge following. There's a reason why the IOC looks at it every now and then despite the relative lack of physical activity.

Spoiler

Though if you were to do your research, the top players do quite a bit of exercise to keep their mind and fine motor skills fresh. Honestly it's possibly most similar to shooting in terms of physical requirements.

7 hours ago, MHSN said:

I was checking some wrestling results. Vietnam won 17 out of 18 gold medals in this sport. the last gold medal at 125kg freestyle went to Cambodia. it was interesting because they hired a famous Iranian wrestler to coach their wrestling program (famous athlete, 2012 Olympic champion but a newbie coach)

at first look it was an interesting coaching result but the gold medalist turned out to be a random Iranian wrestler :d when you are a poor coach and can't help local athletes to improve. you always can call some help from home to get results.

They need some “foreign investment” coz next year they have to win more golds as the host ;)