website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Photos Thread

bestmen

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Awesome color.

Yeah, it’s one of the few upsides to living where I do (and there aren’t many :p (our town is in Urban Dictionary as the definition of hell). These are California poppies and they’re a deep bright orange. I don’t believe are poppies have opium (for those curious about drug production), but I wouldn’t matter anyways as they are all protected (it’s illegal to pick, harm, or destroy them). I’ll leave some photos from the last two years below (which are some of the best years we’ve had in decades). The problem is that people are leaving their houses in droves to see them. So far, people are doing a decent job of avoiding each other though. (Sorry for the reduced image size, there’s better copies on my Flickr).

0D7633A3-2183-4928-9660-7E70DD51E686.jpeg41EFDB89-39EB-45F4-A421-4567795BF5F9.jpeg25A3FB4A-4084-4815-8D64-F7816266C51C.jpeg72B2A928-8604-4EB8-945D-7CFDB56154B9.jpeg8B78D622-EECA-46F5-84F0-22D73B81A895.jpeg05D3B219-9C49-4164-B074-51073ADA77F4.jpeg

What’s even cooler is that the bloom happens during Monarch (butterfly) migration season too! I only have this one measly picture, but there’s millions out in the fields right now!

205FF8B8-F9E3-4FBE-990E-B464AB918CEF.jpeg

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Since Monday it will be allowed again to walk in parks and woods. It means I'll meet my models again:

https://foto-na-nowo.blogspot.com/p/swarzedzkie-wiewiorki.html

What type of squirrel is that?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Eurasian red squirrel (Sciurus vulgaris) - I think the most common. Should be known also by such a young people as yourself: steve carrell laughing GIF

Ooh, I used to love that movie as a kid. 

I assumed red squirrel, but I was hoping for something exotic :p

• 1 month later...

I don't need to go to the theatre to watch the Swan's Lake - I have it just behind the corner:

PS. What Andersen wrote about an "ugly duckling" becoming a pretty swan is just a big piece of bullshit. Aren't they cuuuuuuuute? ;P

swanslake.jpg

• 1 month later...

Comet NEOWISE over the windmill half a kilometer from my house :p (it was rather hard to get it all sharp, but I'm happy anyway :cheer: )

I1cWOhq.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

@heywoodu lives in a windmill. :yikes:

What's not clear about 'over the windmill half a kilometer from my house'? :d 

I have been in the windmill though, the owner can give a pretty nice little tour of it :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!