website statistics

Biathlon IBU Junior & Youth World Championships 2022

Totallympics

10 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Hoping for a Repinc vs. Grotian battle on the women's side. A bit surprised that those two won't compete at junior level. The italians also look good as usual and the norwegians are unpredictable since none of them have any recent results.

On the men's side things look less predictable, although Betemps should be the favorite. Engelmann from Germany and Trojer from Slovenia look like interesting talents as well. Also a guy named "Sivert Björndalen" will be competing as well ... :mumble:

Also you forgot about Sara Scattolo and obviously Sara Andersson who's got to be the favorite. 

I am shook. The german women have crazy depth and Albert Engelmann really is the most promising male german talent in a long time. A bit disappointed that Grotian didn't do better, but i think she doesn't quite have the endurance yet. I think the sprint is better suited for her. Also i thought that Grotian would be the one, but Tannheimer might actually be it. Tannheimer is one year younger than Grotian and already faster, she will be able to come back two more times to compete at youth level. Andersson and Zorc also seem like decent talents, although the fact that Tannheimer is equaling their skiing speed while being two years younger should put their talent into perspective. Overall i am very happy from a german perspective (although of course Russia and France not competing means that all german talents would probably have finished 3-5 spots lower if everyone would have competed). Finally the german talents have superior skiing speed. Hopefully they will be able to translate it to senior level.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

image.png

Very interesting top 10.  9 different nations represented, and the duplicate is Germany.

image.png

3 medals for Germany on the first day, well done.

Only 56 finished the race for the Youth Women.  

Campbell Wright is starting #1 for the Junior Men's Individual.  Quite a few WC starts for the Junior Individual.