website statistics

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2018

hckošice

50 minutes ago, dcro said:

Balmer beating Mr "There is no I in team" Evenepoel? Right...

Vacek could do it, he already beat him on an uphill finish this year and today it's harder in terms of climbing. 

Or of course REV rides away after 2km again and wins with 10 minutes like at the European championships. I'm almost back home, hopefully I won't miss the deciding attack :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It has been announced that Mixed team time trial will feature at 2019 UCI Road Cycling World Championships.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1070428/mixed-team-time-trial-to-feature-at-2019-uci-road-cycling-world-championships

The race, which will be reserved for national teams, will feature six riders from the under-23 and elite categories. MIxed team time trial will see three male riders complete a lap, then hand over to three female riders to finish.

I need to mention @heywoodu 's comment

image.thumb.png.ad5f63ccc67703aca59397f4b7532fc0.png

UCI wants to be IOC's best friend :lol:

I think that it's not a bad idea to eliminate the TTT (where team is a "club"), but obviously I had preferred its exchange with national teams time trial. The idea for a sort of cycling relay... maybe not that bad, (I know this is going to be quite unpopular), according to the previews of the event it could have been thought better, but still it may be good.

37 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

It has been announced that Mixed team time trial will feature at 2019 UCI Road Cycling World Championships.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1070428/mixed-team-time-trial-to-feature-at-2019-uci-road-cycling-world-championships

The race, which will be reserved for national teams, will feature six riders from the under-23 and elite categories. MIxed team time trial will see three male riders complete a lap, then hand over to three female riders to finish.

I need to mention @heywoodu 's comment

image.thumb.png.ad5f63ccc67703aca59397f4b7532fc0.png

UCI wants to be IOC's best friend :lol:

Wait, what? Six riders per team, made up from U23 and elite male and female riders?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

I think that it's not a bad idea to eliminate the TTT (where team is a "club"), but obviously I had preferred its exchange with national teams time trial. The idea for a sort of cycling relay... maybe not that bad, (I know this is going to be quite unpopular), according to the previews of the event it could have been thought better, but still it may be good.

It's just a shame that this circus stuff is added right in a time where the TTT is actually relatively close :p 

Evenepoel crashed (apparently due to some Czech, but I didn't see it), several crashes before that as well, showing juniors are not very technical yet :p

Now there's a lead group and Evenepoel is riding towards it with the entire peloton in his wheel.

German Mayrhofer and Italian Piccolo in the lead group.

Spoiler

Watch out for Piccolo's special beam cannon.

eBiz3K.gif

RIP

b6a6932f202613931590fd0a2e6695bdb21ae6ed

This is how UCI President, David Lappartient, got the idea for mixed team time trial.

"I got this idea during the Pyeongchang Winter Olympic Games. I was watching the biathlon – the team relay – with my brother, and I thought, 'Why can't we have this in cycling?' 

This must be the first time biathlon has inspired anything in cycling :p

Edited by wumo26