website statistics

Slalom Canoeing ICF World Championships 2018

hckošice

22 ore fa, vinipereira ha scritto:

lol no. The difference between olympics and now is that in the Olympics there were huge temporary stands at the side of the venue (which I guess weren't necessary for this) and some banners with Rio 2016 logo. BTW, most of the brazilian athletes have trained for months there, which explains some good results here (compared to previous championships).

lol yes...

that's exactly what I meant...the whole setup and the good enthusiast crowd, the excitement all around made those races much more enjoyable than this week's, where there are no stands, almost no spectators, no excitement all around...

basically, it looks like we're watching some anonymous training session...

and that's what I called "depressing"...

for what concerns the actual sport event, I don't have anything against it...the races are quite interesting (even if they're not the best I've ever seen), the course is tough and demanding as a world champs course should be...

but I would have liked to see a much more involving surrounding...just that...

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

lol yes...

that's exactly what I meant...the whole setup and the good enthusiast crowd, the excitement all around made those races much more enjoyable than this week's, where there are no stands, almost no spectators, no excitement all around...

basically, it looks like we're watching some anonymous training session...

and that's what I called "depressing"...

for what concerns the actual sport event, I don't have anything against it...the races are quite interesting (even if they're not the best I've ever seen), the course is tough and demanding as a world champs course should be...

but I would have liked to see a much more involving surrounding...just that...

Well, I thought you were talking about the course itself. About the crowd of course I agree, although I don't think huge stands were necessary (it would be depressing to see them empty lol)

4 minuti fa, vinipereira ha scritto:

Well, I thought you were talking about the course itself. About the crowd of course I agree, although I don't think huge stands were necessary (it would be depressing to see them empty lol)

yeah, that's also true...;)

p.s. no, the course is actually very good, tough and demanding, as I wrote...even if I don't like those blue plastic elements to build the route...I'd like them to be more "mimetic" with the rest of the environment...just to give the idea of being "natural", at least to a not so focused first look...

p.s. by the way, decent result for Italy...Giovanni De Gennaro easily made it through to tomorrow's final...let's see if he can finally get a world medal (after winning the world cup final a few weeks ago)...

a pity for 2 seconds penalty to Zeno Ivaldi...without that, he could paddle a decent time, good enough to make the final (even if also other guys in front of him did some mistakes, too)...

22 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Anything not in too 3 is considered a failure in Slovakia in this sport.

This statement was true in the 2000´s, now apart M C1 we are not a powerhouse anymore, the C2 removal didn´t help us to be fair.

In other hand in W C1 I am the more confident about the future, our girls are really good at their age, I can see a medal in Paris 2024 for us in this event. not sure if I can say the same about the remaining events maybe Marko Mirgorodský will be able to keep our prestige in the M C1 too.

guess what? :AUS Jess Fox has won another World title... :yikes::lol:

nobody saw that coming...:rofl:

and Mallory Franklin makes it 2 Silver medals in 2 days...

meanwhile, among the boys it's :GER Hannes Aigner to upset the other paddlers, with Prskavec being the only one within 1 second and Clarke throwing away the Gold with 4 penaly seconds (and finishing 3.68 behind Aigner)...

no comment on De Gennaro modest run...no mistakes for him, but very, very slow...

Edited by phelps