website statistics

Totallympics Annual International Song Contest 2022

Wow, I remember when we first started the team challenges, Lithuania had a lot of great results.

But then, the fire nation attacked and we had many miserable team performances after that.

It's a nice feeling to secure a medal after a long drought.

H.png

Session 3 Summary

While we wait for the final session, let's see which were the best nations in the third session.

1. :ESP Spain - 47 points
  2. :CAN Canada - 43 points
  3. :CHN China - 43 points
  4. :GER Germany - 36 points
  5. :BRA Brazil - 30 points
  6. :ITA Italy - 30 points
  7. :GBR Great Britain - 30 points
  8. :MDA Moldova - 29 points
  9. :KAZ Kazakhstan - 29 points
  10. :NED Netherlands - 28 points

And here's the progression chart of the current Top 10 nations during the third session.

:SRB :FIN :MEX :IRL :KAZ :POR :CHN :MLT :BRA :USA
:ESP Spain  1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 1st 2nd 2nd 1st
:GBR Great Britain  3rd 3rd 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd 2nd 1st 1st 2nd
:COL Colombia 2nd 2nd 3rd 3rd 3rd 4th 3rd 3rd 3rd 3rd
:IRL Ireland 4th 5th 5th 6th 8th 5th 6th 7th 4th 4th
:CAN Canada 10th 6th 6th 9th 5th 6th 7th 6th 6th 5th
:CHN China 9th 11th 13th 8th 4th 3rd 4th 4th 5th 6th
:MEX Mexico 6th 7th 7th 4th 6th 8th 5th 5th 7th 7th
:BRA Brazil 14th 10th 8th 7th 9th 7th 8th 8th 8th 8th
:MLT Malta 5th 4th 4th 5th 7th 9th 9th 9th 10th 9th
:FIN Finland 7th 8th 11th 11th 11th 12th 11th 11th 9th 10th

Since we’ve got some time before the next session, I’ll go ahead and drop my personal votes now that I can.

:NZL - 12 (I appreciate the concept of this album even if it isn’t my favorite of hers. This song was truly beautiful though.)

:ESP - 11 (This was probably the song I was pulling the hardest for to see at Eurovision. I enjoy a good modernized folk song, and this song has a wonderful message behind it. However, Midas is my favorite of theirs.)

:TUR - 10 (Just a gorgeous song with some great lyrics.)

:TUN - 9 (I’ll admit to vibing to this song on my way to uni on more than one occasion during the voting period. Good overall quality.) 

:CZE - 8 (Quite literally put a spell on me :p. Wonderful vocals.)

:LTU - 7 (This song is incredibly radio friendly. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised to hear it on pop station in LA. I like the lyrics too.)

:SWE - 6 (Just really liked what this song offered overall.)

:POL - 5 (Pleasant entry, with great instrumentation, and nice vocals.)

:HUN - 4 (I didn’t like this song as much as the last entry, but the bold message helped it out.)

:INA - 3 (I can’t believe this song hasn’t gotten a little more love. Amazing vocals with great visuals.)

:ISR - 2 (Purely awarded points for the beat drop and music video :p)

:KAZ - 1 (This one climbed up my ranking at the last opportunity. Just a solid song overall.)

:NED - Reserve 1 

:GER - Reserve 2

:BRA - Reserve 3

:ROU - Reserve 4

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

So, any predictions? Who do you think is going to win? 

As a long time TISC participant and observer, I'd say Great Britain, Ireland and Canada have the best shot to turn this around, unless they cancel out each other by having the same target audience and then Spain secures it. 

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

*Write a greeting message here* is my favorite traditional American greeting by the way :p

Forget that tell me about your song selection. I understand you guys don't want to have a mainstream song but how come you guys choose a song every contest which is like not even like top 1000 . And for this contest you choose a song which was only couple of weeks old at time of entry. So should I say it's laziness to do a proper search that you can't get a good song in all of 2021? Over time it makes the task easier for me and US always goes out after the 1st listen. 

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:LTU - 7 (This song is incredibly radio friendly. Honestly, wouldn’t be surprised to hear it on pop station in LA. I like the lyrics too.)

If only, but here in Lithuania we can only dream to land on international radio. If you have good managers and loads of money, you can buy yourself onto European radios, but I've never heard of a single Lithuanian that landed on a USA radio with the exception of perhaps Dynoro "In My Mind", but EDM music is playing by different rules compared to every other genre of music and have a totally different support system for "blowing up". 

4 minutes ago, Werloc said:

As a long time TISC participant and observer, I'd say Great Britain, Ireland and Canada have the best shot to turn this around, unless they cancel out each other by having the same target audience and then Spain secures it. 

Another song, that like TERRA, I would have liked to see at Eurovision :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

H.png

EUROVISION STYLE 

AFTER 29/39 JURIES 

1  :ESP   96     21  :LTU   40  
 2  :GBR    88   22  :NED   40 
 3  :COL  84   23  :KAZ   40 
 4  :CHN   78   24  :ARG   37
 5  :IRL   73   25  :IND   34
 6  :CAN   71   26  :UKR   33 
 7  :MEX   64   27  :USA   33 
 8  :BRA   56  28  :SWE   33 
 9  :DEN   53   29  :CRO   31