website statistics

Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2018

and btw which time zone we will use in the contest, because USA´s 20:00 will be something around 02:00 here...i don´t mind but you know now when I watching my voting time is among the last and will be probably in the host time late evening..so I am just curious :lol:

TISC Team Challenge Guidelines -

USA 2018

• The team competition consists of 7 teams of 5 nations each. Each team is based in a different region.
  • Each team also has a designated captain who will be of extra significance to their team in terms of opportunities to score an extra bonus and who could have a role in breaking potential ties between teams in the final TISC Challenge rankings.
  • As a result of today's random draw, we now know the members for each of the 7 teams. (c)  coming after a flag indicates that nation will serve as captain for their respective team:

Atlantic Region - :COL:USA (c) :BUL:FRA:SVK

Northeast Region - :GBR:NZL:LTU (c) :INA:NED

Eastern Midwest Region - :TUN:IRL:AUT:DEN (c) :TUR

Western Midwest Region - :CRO (c) :IND:ARG:POL:ALG

South Region - :MLT:FIN:CHI:ITA:CAN (c)

Mountain Region - :MEX:EGY (c) :ESP:SLO:BRA

Pacific Region - :SRB:GRE:ROU:POR:RUS (c)

• The TISC Team Challenge will be held in a relay format with a different team member covering each of the 5 legs.
  • Each leg will last for a total of 7 consecutive votes. Leg 1 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 1-7 in the voting order; leg 2 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 8-14 in the voting order; leg 3 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 15-21 in the voting order; leg 4 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 22-28 in the voting order; and finally leg 5 will involve the votes of the juries positioned 29-35 in the voting order.
  • The running order of the relays will be as follows:

Leg 1: :USA :NZL :IRL :IND :FIN :EGY :GRE
 Leg 2: :BUL :LTU :AUT :ARG :CHI :ESP :ROU
 Leg 3: :FRA :INA :DEN :POL :ITA :SLO :POR
 Leg 4: :SVK :NED :TUR :ALG :CAN :BRA :RUS
 Leg 5: :COL :GBR :TUN :CRO :MLT :MEX :SRB

• Only the score of the team member taking part in that specific leg will count for the team score.
  • If the running team member fails to score throughout their entire leg, the team takes a forfeit in the form of -25 penalty points.
  • If two team members from the same team fail to score throughout their respective legs, their team will be eliminated from the team competition.
  • In the unlikely event where only 2 or fewer teams avoid elimination, elimination will count as a team forfeit of an additional -100 penalty points. Eliminated teams still cannot place higher than non-eliminated teams in the final team ranking.
  • Additional bonus or penalty points can be awarded to teams who achieved one or more of the following achievements:

5 team members scoring a maximum 12 point score on their leg 25
 4 team members scoring a maximum 12 point score on their leg 15
 3 team members scoring a maximum 12 point score on their leg 10
 2 team members scoring a maximum 12 point score on their leg 5
 Team Captain scoring a maximum 12 point score on their leg 5
 Team member scoring on each of the votes on their leg 10
 Fair play award (team who awarded fewest points to their own team members) 10
 Penguin forfeit (team who awarded most points to their own team members) -10
 Team member failing to score on their leg

• If there is a tie for the Fair Play and Penguin awards, the specified bonus and penalty points will be divided between the tied teams.
  • If there is a tie between two or more teams once all 5 legs have been completed, the highest and lowest scoring members for each team will be discarded, and the scores of the 3 middle scoring team members will be used to determine the tie-break.
  • If there is still a tie, only the score of the team captains will be used to determine the tie-break.
  • If there is still a tie after the tie-break rule has been applied, the teams will be deemed to have tied for position.

Edited by OlympicIRL

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

and btw which time zone we will use in the contest, because USA´s 20:00 will be something around 02:00 here...i don´t mind but you know now when I watching my voting time is among the last and will be probably in the host time late evening..so I am just curious :lol:

We're using my time zone (Eastern Standard) so hopefully we don't go that late

3 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Can I suggest using Great Lakes Region instead of Eastern Midwest which sounds horrible? I know Indianapolis is not close to the lakes, but the State has a shore in Lake Michigan

@dezbee2008 is happy to allow all teams to come up with the team names themselves. Therefore it seems like a good idea to change it to Great Lakes Region :yes

If so then it would also probably make sense to drop the "Western" part of "Western Midwest Region" since now there is only one team referred to as Midwest. So it could become simply "Midwest Region"? As team captain @dcro what do you and the other team members think about that change?

Also, all teams should try to come up with a nickname to form part of their team name. For example, if it was in Brazil, we could have a name like "Brasilia Capitals".

So the name should be in the form of Region + Nickname, e.g. Pacific Panthers (this is just an example, you can come up with your own ideas :)). Captains @intoronto @dcro @Werloc @dezbee2008 @Agger @thepharoah @FC Mezhgorye you can get organising your teams to discuss such important issues :p.