website statistics

Men's Football UEFA European Nations League 2018 - 2019

hckošice

3 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Is there any other event where Germany could have been relegated? The Nations League is a very new invention and there arent many people who really care about this competition, so its not very surprising to see so many strange results.

Well, probably no, but it still is quite awkward to hear that Germany is relegated. I'm also not a big fan of nations league tbh.

At halftime, the referee had heard that his mother had died (she was in the hospital and he had asked his family to keep him updated).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

can someone explain to me how the playoff works? i know the first places are automatically qualified however teams can still be qualified through the regular euro 2020 qualification process. So israel finished second , can we still get into the playoffs?

5 godzin temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

can someone explain to me how the playoff works? i know the first places are automatically qualified however teams can still be qualified through the regular euro 2020 qualification process. So israel finished second , can we still get into the playoffs?

Yes it's possible but it depends how many teams from League C will advance through groups. For now from League C only group winners (Finland, Norway, Scotland, Serbia) have guarantees to play in play-offs. But if one of them will advance by taking first or second place in Euro qualifications group than the best team from League C's second places will play. Best team from seconds is Bulgaria, second is Israel, so two group winners or one group winner and Bulgaria must advance through groups to Israel could compete in play-offs.

1 godzinę temu, Maxim Fastovsky napisał:

What about if all the teams  before will go through?  There's a good chance that all 12 league A teams will go through

If there will be not enough teams from one league, than next best ranked team in overall ranking will play with them (so basically best team from league bellow). There is only one restriction. Group winners can't play with teams from a higher league.

Edited by Col_Frost