website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2022

Totallympics

Errani and Kung aren't the most difficult test to this level, but obviously amazing results for a 14yo. I hope she has a good team behind her because the expectations will be big if she keeps like this and many other succesful teens have burn out in the process.

12 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

I am glad that you are watching Brenda. Altogether with her sister Linda, they are amazing. Now, I can't believe that Brenda made it through the qualifier and she will in the main of the WTA tournament in Guadalajara. Just amazing💪💪

Tennis is my default sport so to speak so I follow WTA more than you realize :p She drew Sloane Stephens in R1, arguably the hardest player any of the qualifiers could get but maybe this is for the best as she will find out how far away she is from a regular WTA player at this stage.

She had a relatively easy Q draw (nothing is easy for a 14yo in her first WTA tournament but past-prime Errani away from clay & Kung who won 5 matches since the start of 2021 are as good as it gets) and we'll hear about the sisters for years to come since Czech Republic does have a good record of setting up established players on the WTA scene for years.

• 2 weeks later...