website statistics

Women's Tennis WTA Tour 2022

Totallympics

18 year old Greek Sapfo Sakellaridi won her second consecutive ITF futures title in Egypt. She played four finals in a row in the last 4 weeks in Egypt, losing the first two and winning the next two. She also won two doubles titles and reached the finals at the other two events.

In singles, she is getting close to the top 500 now. Take a look at her service motion...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

14 year old :CZE Brenda Fruhvirtova has won ITF 25k tournament in Tucuman, Argentina and will move up to ca. #600 in WTA rankings. She is the only U15 player ranked in the Top 1000. Last time a 14 year old won a tournament this big was Nicole Vaidisova 18 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

:CZE Brenda Fruhvirtova managed to win the second ITF 25k in Tucuman a week later and just now she beat former French Open finalist :ITA Sara Errani in first round of qualifying for WTA Guadalajara tournament. That's the first WTA victory for the 14 year old! First of many I believe! :p

On 2/20/2022 at 6:18 AM, Monzanator said:

:CZE Brenda Fruhvirtova managed to win the second ITF 25k in Tucuman a week later and just now she beat former French Open finalist :ITA Sara Errani in first round of qualifying for WTA Guadalajara tournament. That's the first WTA victory for the 14 year old! First of many I believe! :p

I am glad that you are watching Brenda. Altogether with her sister Linda, they are amazing. Now, I can't believe that Brenda made it through the qualifier and she will in the main of the WTA tournament in Guadalajara. Just amazing💪💪