website statistics

Rowing FISA World Championships 2018

Totallympics

1 ora fa, dcro ha scritto:

Gold for Italy... I'm sure I've read here how this will be awful championships for the Italians. :p

well, 1 Gold and 2 Silver medals in the Olympic classes is not "awful", but not exceptional, too...:evil:

tbh, the men's classes have been great in the long boats (waiting for the men's Eight, but even just making the final is a good result), good but not outstanding in the Lightweight Double Sculls (it's not a secret that Oppo & Ruta should have won Gold to "fill their contract" after dominating world cup and europeans), but a real disaster in the short boats (and in men's Pairs we were the defending champions, even if with a different crew)...

meanwhile, once again, the women's division is not less than shameful (the women's Pairs were 4th, but 15 seconds behind the top 2, only because most big names weren't at the start...the others couldn't even make the A-Final)...

we definitely should do better than this...

1 hour ago, phelps said:

They forgot about our gold medal when updating the table :p

10 minuti fa, OlympicIRL ha scritto:

They forgot about our gold medal when updating the table :p

not only...if I did count correctly, they're still missing 4 of today's finals (at the end of the day 21 A-Finals have been completed and I only see 17 Gold Medal listed in their table)...

I guess they're still banqueting...there's not much hurry to get back working on a Saturday afternoon...:whistle::rofl::facepalm:

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

not only...if I did count correctly, they're still missing 4 of today's finals (at the end of the day 21 A-Finals have been completed and I only see 17 Gold Medal listed in their table)...

I guess they're still banqueting...there's not much hurry to get back working on a Saturday afternoon...:whistle::rofl::facepalm:

Any chance they're not counting the para-rowing finals? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, phelps said:

no, they're counting them, as we know for sure that 1 of the missing finals is the LM2X, where Ireland won the Gold medal ahead of Italy...:evil:

Right, my mind wasn't working well neither yet. Too many tops in the bouldering last night.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minuto fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Right, my mind wasn't working well neither yet. Too many tops in the bouldering last night.

p.s. the men's boulder semis have just been completed...and it was a great session* (this afternoon we could have got drunk big time if we renovated yesterday's night bet :yikes::rofl:)...

*I'm not writing anything more than that...I just don't want to make any spoiler to those who might want to watch it later...

first Olympic Boat race of the day and 1st upset...:NOR Kjetil Borch surprises :CZE Ondrej Synek in the men's single sculls... 

he just dominated the final from start to finish...wow! :bowdown:

Bronze went to :LTU Griskonis, but well behind the first 2 and never really in contention for the top places...