website statistics

Day 12 (February 16th, 2022)

You have to think for CBC.  First, terrible time difference for these Olympics.  Then, no real figure skaters for Canada.  Curlers and men's hockey doing terribly.  Barely any golds. This has to be the worst Olympics ratings-wise for CBC in a long time.  You can hear it in the hockey announcers voices.  

Final Thoughts

We won our third gold, but getting eliminated in men's ice hockey is quite sad. Despite the loss, women's curling still has a chance to reach the semis, but winning a medal will be tough. Shout out to our men's cross-country team for finishing 5th in the team sprint, a very good result for them.

17 hours ago, orangeman said:

Ok, now officially nothing can happen to change this from being a disaster Olympics for Canada.  

I had been predicting for several months that Canada was going to have its worst games since Salt Lake City, but honestly I'm pleasantly surprised with the results in many sports.

I am confident for 2026, but Freestyle Canada Moguls Team is very bad for next 4 years ...

33 minutes ago, seb851 said:

I had been predicting for several months that Canada was going to have its worst games since Salt Lake City, but honestly I'm pleasantly surprised with the results in many sports.

I am confident for 2026, but Freestyle Canada Moguls Team is very bad for next 4 years ...

I did some math because I was bored (beats doing what I'm supposed to be doing).  

In terms of percentage of total medals and golds offered, these are Canada's worst Games since 1992 and 1988, respectively.  

To be as "bad" as 2002 in terms of percentages, Canada would have to win 4 more medals and a whopping 6 more golds.  

I know I'm just harping on it now, but these Games have been a really big disappointment for Canada across the board.  As always, there have been shinning stars like Weidemann, Parrot and Dubois, along with strong underrated performances in alpine, biathlon and cross-country.  But Canada is moving backwards in several sports.