website statistics

Day 9 (February 13th, 2022)

Jones with a HUGE miss on another easy shot in the 8th to basically lose the game.  

And now another huge miss, although at least she hit a stone this time.  Lost the game there.  Probably out of the playoffs, too.  

Just.....unbelievable.  

4 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Real risk of Canada winning zero medals in curling for the first time ever, zero golds for only the second time (and first time in twenty years) and no medals in traditional curling for the second Olympics in a row.

I would say it's at 80% no medals for Canada in curling.  Jones isn't even going to make the playoffs.  Gushue won today, but only because of a big early mistake by USA.  Canada looked really bad the rest of the game and USA managed to make it look respectable in the end.  

I really believed after 2018 they'd come out swinging.  Mixed was a debacle, Jones looks lost out there.  Gushue is average at best.  Like I said before, you can say the rest of the world is catching up, but these people are missing easy shots with no pressure.  

Actually, the hockey situation might work out for the best.  As I understand it, and if everything works out the way it should tonight, Canada will play China again in the qualification round and then Sweden in the quarters.  If Sweden had held on to win, Canada would have likely just faced Finland in the quarters, and Finland is the better team.  

Trying to stay positive.