website statistics

Nations that never won a gold in World Championship in Olympic & Non-Olympic Sports

Gianlu33

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Gold medal for :KGZ at the 2019 World Wrestling Championships. Not sure if this was their first ever gold medal, but it's still worth a shot. 

It was great feat either way :clap:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Gold medal for :KGZ at the 2019 World Wrestling Championships. Not sure if this was their first ever gold medal, but it's still worth a shot. 

it's their first Gold since the Independence...

but when they were under the Soviet Union, they won World and Olympic Gold medals thanks to Kanybek Osmonaliyev (4 world titles and the 1980 Olympic Gold medal for him) in Weightlifting and thanks to Andrey Kurnyavka in Boxing (1989)...

meanwhile Orzubek Nazarov was for quite a while WBA Lightweight world champion in PRO Boxing from 1993 through 1998...

12 hours ago, phelps said:

it's their first Gold since the Independence...

but when they were under the Soviet Union, they won World and Olympic Gold medals thanks to Kanybek Osmonaliyev (4 world titles and the 1980 Olympic Gold medal for him) in Weightlifting and thanks to Andrey Kurnyavka in Boxing (1989)...

meanwhile Orzubek Nazarov was for quite a while WBA Lightweight world champion in PRO Boxing from 1993 through 1998...

Great information!

Now, at least, we can rest assured that all of the the post-Soviet states have won gold medals at the World Championships in any sport.

I was in doubt about :TJK :TKM and :MDA, but they all got gold medals too (:TJK in athletics, :TKM in weightlifting, :MDA in wrestling and archery),

3 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Great information!

Now, at least, we can rest assured that all of the the post-Soviet states have won gold medals at the World Championships in any sport.

I was in doubt about :TJK :TKM and :MDA, but they all got gold medals too (:TJK in athletics, :TKM in weightlifting, :MDA in wrestling and archery),

:TJK is in the process of having that medal go bye bye. The other 2 are good I believe.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:TJK is in the process of having that medal go bye bye. The other 2 are good I believe.

Do you mean :TKM? :TJK has two medals in athletics in 1993 and 1995. I can't see such old results being modified.

EDIT: :TKM gold medal in weightlifting is also from 1993. 

Edited by thiago_simoes

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Do you mean :TKM? :TJK has two medals in athletics in 1993 and 1995. I can't see such old results being modified.

EDIT: :TKM gold medal in weightlifting is also from 1993. 

No :TJK is having a  World Championships and possibly an Olympic medal taken away.