website statistics

Nations that never won a gold in World Championship in Olympic & Non-Olympic Sports

Gianlu33

We had this thread in the past forum... it's time to have it :) I probabily will need an help... good search at all :p

• :ASA American Samoa
  • :AND Andorra
  • :ANG Angola
  • :ANT Antigua and Barbuda
  • :ARU Aruba
  • :BAN Bangladesh
  • :BIZ Belize 
  • :BHU Bhutan
  • :BIH Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • :IVB British Virgin Islands
  • :BRU Brunei
  • :BUR Burkina Faso
  • :CMR Cameroon
  • :CPV Cape Verde
  • :CAY Cayman Islands
  • :CAF Central African Republic
  • :CHA Chad
  • :COM Comoros
  • :CGO Congo
  • :COD Congo DR 
  • :COK Cook Islands
  • :DMA Dominica
  • :ESA El Salvador
  • :GEQ Equatorial Guinea
  • :GAM Gambia
  • :GHA Ghana 
  • :GUM Guam
  • :GUA Guatemala
  • :GUI Guinea
  • :GBS Guinea-Bissau
  • :GUY Guyana 
  • :HAI Haiti
  • :HON Honduras
  • :JOR Jordan
  • :KIR Kiribati
  • :LAO Laos
  • :LBN Lebanon
  • :LES Lesoth
  • :LBR Liberia
  • :MKD Macedonia
  • :MAW Malawi
  • :MDV Maldives
  • :MHL Marshall Islands
  • :MTN Mauritania
  • :MRI Mauritius
  • :FSM Micronesia
  • :MNE Montenegro
  • :NRU Nauru
  • :NEP Nepal
  • :NCA Nicaragua
  • :PLW Palau
  • :PLE Palestine 
  • :PNG Papua New Guinea
  • :PAR Paraguay
  • :RWA Rwanda
  • :LCA Saint Lucia
  • :VIN Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
  • :SAM Samoa
  • :SMR San Marino
  • :STP Sao Tome and Principe
  • :KSA Saudi Arabia
  • :SEY Seychelles
  • :SLE Sierra Leone
  • :SOL Solomon Island
  • :SSD South Sudan
  • :SWZ Swaziland
  • :TAN Tanzania
  • :TLS Timor-Leste 
  • :TOG Togo
  • :TGA Tonga
  • :TUV Tuvalu
  • :VAN Vanautu
  • :YEM Yemen
Edited by Gianlu33

5 ore fa, thiago_simoes ha scritto:

According to Wikipedia, Bolivia won the women's doubles title at the 2018 Racquetball World Championships. This is probably Bolivia's first ever gold medal in any sport at the world championships.

I think so...moreover, they never won an Olympic medal at all in their entire history (but at the 2010 YOG they won the men's Football Gold)...

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I think so...moreover, they never won an Olympic medal at all in their entire history (but at the 2010 YOG they won the men's Football Gold)...

Which is why in 2015 I put them in 2nd place in a ranking of worst nations in the Olympic history :p (thanks to a lot of statistics from sports-reference.com)

https://frontpage.fok.nl/special/717955/7/1/50/de-slechtste-landen-ooit-op-de-olympische-spelen.html

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

52 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Which is why in 2015 I put them in 2nd place in a ranking of worst nations in the Olympic history :p (thanks to a lot of statistics from sports-reference.com)

https://frontpage.fok.nl/special/717955/7/1/50/de-slechtste-landen-ooit-op-de-olympische-spelen.html

Monaco has an Olympic medal, they can't be that bad. ;)

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Monaco has an Olympic medal, they can't be that bad. ;)

Use Google Translate and you'll see I don't count the architecture medal, much like the IOC :p 

Also one might see India for example as piss-poor in terms of sports, seeing as they have literally more than a billion people yet barely perform better than most much smaller countries, but I specifically made the choice only for countries without official medals :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Use Google Translate and you'll see I don't count the architecture medal, much like the IOC :p 

Also one might see India for example as piss-poor in terms of sports, seeing as they have literally more than a billion people yet barely perform better than most much smaller countries, but I specifically made the choice only for countries without official medals :p 

Unofficial medal is still better than no medal. :d

#banbestmen

What's the main criteria for sports, their federation should be part of SportAccord or whatever it's called nowadays?