website statistics

Who tested positive and is, or might be, out of the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022?

As I said before Tokyo, they had to organize things like this: everyone flying to Beijing 10 days (at least) before the Games - since there is way less people involved in the Winter Olympics accomodation shouldn't have been that big of a problem. First test on the day of the arrival, quarantine if positive, and then no more tests until departure.

I also have the feeling that the tests performed by the Chinese are very sensitive so every doubtful case will be marked as positive.

3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

As I said before Tokyo, they had to organize things like this: everyone flying to Beijing 10 days (at least) before the Games - since there is way less people involved in the Winter Olympics accomodation shouldn't have been that big of a problem. First test on the day of the arrival, quarantine if positive, and then no more tests until departure.

I also have the feeling that the tests performed by the Chinese are very sensitive so every doubtful case will be marked as positive.

Yep. And even if this didn't come from organization, countries were definitely free to send their athletes that early...

I truly don't understand for example snowboard cross or ski jumping still having a World Cup not even one week before the opening ceremony.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Those who already arrived in Beijing but tested positive are somehow luckier, they just need to turn negative before the start. Those who are positive at home, they need another 4 days after turning negative before taking the flight.

16 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Those who already arrived in Beijing but tested positive are somehow luckier, they just need to turn negative before the start. Those who are positive at home, they need another 4 days after turning negative before taking the flight.

Yeah but those who already arrived might test positive in the upcoming days if they keep testing, even if they are extremely careful. 

There are so many covid cases among Polish athletes, specially speed skating and short track. It makes me so angry. Obviously noone knows where they have caught it. But I just don't understand why Polish NOC didn't skip the official ceremony in their headquarters in Warsaw before they all were heading to board the plane to Beijing. That was unnecessary risk, so many people gathered together in one crowded place. They should have cancelled such an event this year. Very bad decision to hold it.

'

https://olimpijski.pl/slubowanie-polskiej-reprezentacji-olimpijskiej-pekin-2022/?fbclid=IwAR1Wj3LAhbEe60SajFt5QgR948MEKd5kR_P5TO2HSDMspbCCV-ikr80HLDs

somebody wanted to have a few nice photos... and now all this mess, it still makes me sooooooooooooooo angry... :-((((((((((((((((

52 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

https://olimpijski.pl/slubowanie-polskiej-reprezentacji-olimpijskiej-pekin-2022/?fbclid=IwAR1Wj3LAhbEe60SajFt5QgR948MEKd5kR_P5TO2HSDMspbCCV-ikr80HLDs

somebody wanted to have a few nice photos... and now all this mess, it still makes me sooooooooooooooo angry... :-((((((((((((((((

Mind you, proof that masks & sitting 2m apart don’t work.:evil: