website statistics

Who tested positive and is, or might be, out of the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022?

Since there's quite a lot of positive COVID-19 cases these days, and it's not at all slowing down, I thought it might be useful to keep track of them and the news about them in one place (while of course still mentioning them in their respective sports topics). Some athletes have been mentioned, but might be alright after all, while new ones are appearing every day.

I am absolutely going to miss quite a few, but a quick run through my mind brings me to Austrian ski jumper Marita Kramer who tested positive on Saturday (29 January) and is likely out. Also Norwegian cross-country skiers Simen Hegstad Krüger (out of defending his skiathlon title, might still join later), Heidi Weng and Anne Kjersti Kalvå (who has been replaced). Hungarian short track star Shaoang Liu, a bunch of Polish skaters (both short and long track). Leo Johansson (cross-country) of Sweden, a bunch of skeleton athletes I believe, etc.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:HUN Sára Pónya (Cross-Country) had a positive test, so did the Hungarian coach, they aren't travel to Beijing...

The good news for us is that Shaoang Liu only had negative tests since he tested positive, there's a good chance that he can compete on Day 1. 

14 minutes ago, Vektor said:

:HUN Sára Pónya (Cross-Country) had a positive test, so did the Hungarian coach, they aren't travel to Beijing...

The good news for us is that Shaoang Liu only had negative tests since he tested positive, there's a good chance that he can compete on Day 1. 

So if the reallocations are still happening (I assume they are), Brazil should receive their third spot...

#banbestmen

32 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Ah no, we had been following that process here on the forum the past month or so :cry: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

18 minutes ago, dcro said:

So if the reallocations are still happening (I assume they are), Brazil should receive their third spot...

There is hope yet for Bruna! :old: 

Spoiler

That would be Mika Picin of course. No idea where she is, to be honest, we haven't heard anything from her since knowing she was present at the deciding Switzerland races on 15-16 January.