website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #26 | An Athlete from which of these Countries will win the highest place in Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

An Athlete from which of these Countries will win the highest place in Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. An Athlete from which of these Countries will win the highest place in Beijing 2022 Olympic Games?

• Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Greece
    • India
    • Iran
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Mexico
    • Montenegro
    • Philippines
    • Serbia

56 minutes ago, dcro said:

Have a feeling it will be one of the Irish (their snowboarder or free skier). Small chance it turns out to be Maloney.

:MEX Carillo can beat Bychenko in M figure skating.

I too was going to mention :IRL halfpipe duo as well, but I agree with @phelps that most likely options are Bykanov :ISR and Silveira :BRA

Silveira was 8th at the test event earlier this year, but it’s hard to know how much to read into those results.

In terms of athletes not mentioned in the options, or by other users above…Ohaco :CHI could be someone worth considering here. :GEO:AZE are also capable of decent results in figure skating. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 1/31/2022 at 12:37 AM, phelps said:

by the way, :IRI Iran could truly win a medal thanks to Khalili (men's biathlon), even if under the colours of :ROC ROC...:evil: :p

no he has Afghan heritage. :yes our names are a bit similar sometimes but that's obvious from his given name

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

no he has Afghan heritage. :yes our names are a bit similar sometimes but that's obvious from his given name

Ah, OK...

thanks...

I wrote that because our main Winter sports expert a few weeks ago, in one of the races in Oberhof said he has Iranian heritage...

but it looks he was wrong...which is really unusual...so, now I can go and troll him on twitter for that! :rofl: :facepalm:

On 1/30/2022 at 9:07 PM, phelps said:

most likely, :ISR Bykanov (men's short track), but I'm rooting for :BRA Silveira (women's skeleton)...

by the way, :IRI Iran could truly win a medal thanks to Khalili (men's biathlon), even if under the colours of :ROC ROC...:evil: :p

There’s a :VIE/:NOR woman ski jumper: not likely to medal though.