website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

Serena Haase... Imagine having that couple as your neighbours. :lol:

380.gif

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Olympian1010:

Disgusting like the attitude y’all are showing Serena. I don’t know if Compton is universally known or if racism and sexism are issues in foreign countries, but this forum has let me down today :(

I think the only one showing racist behavior here is you. Serena just behaved in a very bad way, not criticizing an experienced player like her for her childish behavior ,just because of her skin color, would be much more racist than what you think is going on here. From a player of her age and someone who has to raise a child, you have to expect a more grown-up behavior.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

By the way, I just realized one other incident got much less attention, which I think is strange because in that case I do think it's a matter of sexism: Cornet getting a code violation for changing her shirt on court (it was the wrong way around so she took it off, turned it around and put it back on. She was wearing a top, it's not like she was half naked all of a sudden), while men change their shirts all the time without any problem. Meaning they are saying it's ok for men to change their shirt in full sight, but not for women. Now that is unequal treatment that should be stopped.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

I see many players hit the racket hard including Novak ofc and mostly they don't get penalized , let's see today's final what will happen if same actions repeated 

Today's final probably doesn't have Ramos as umpire, who kinda likes to take his moment in the spotlights.

:lol:

The players get penalized, once the racket gets destroyed (not when it gets merely smacked hard). That happens pretty regularly, and they always get a penalty. The difference is, that most of them are clever enough not to do it when they already have a penalty and risk a second (and worse) one.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

In football people abuse the refs all the time and only sometimes get a yellow, let alone red card for it :d 

If football would adopt the same kind of strict rules in protecting referees as rugby or NFL, half the football matches would end up with less than 20 players.

I just hope, but very much doubt, Serena Haase learned a lesson and will be a bit better in getting her emotions under control.

No gonna happen. Remember the 2009 US Open? Boycotting Indian Wells for 10+ years because she got booed by the crowd? She hasn't learned her lessons at all and in fact it only gets worse now that she's no longer the ultimate WTA dominatrix.