website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #6 | Which of these nations will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022?

These are some countries which won medal(s) in Pyeongchang 2018. Which of them will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022? (multiple choice question)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. These are some countries which won medal(s) in Pyeongchang 2018. Which of them will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022? (multiple choice question)

@Fly_like_a_don How could you not believe in Polish atheletes? ;-))) I'm joking ofc, I'm afraid you may be 100% right here. But I still hope for a one medal for Poland.

Anyway, thanks for your Road to Tokyo 2020 Polls last year, that was obviously an inspiration for me.

Greetings from Poland!

3 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

@Fly_like_a_don How could you not believe in Polish atheletes? ;-))) I'm joking ofc, I'm afraid you may be 100% right here. But I still hope for a one medal for Poland.

Anyway, thanks for your Road to Tokyo 2020 Polls last year, that was obviously an inspiration for me.

Greetings from Poland!

Well Poland is one of those nations which don't have any bright medal favourites as such. 

Andżelika Wójcik had a win this season but she sadly isn't consistent and I think :JPN:RUS:USA will share the medals in W500m. 

I don't follow Ski jumping but I didn't find anything good for Poland  from the results. 

Short track still maybe women's 500m but it may not be a 100% .

Despite all this I'll still support :POL in all sports just like many other nations and hope Poland can win some medals.:cheer:

4 hours ago, hckošice said:

Kolmakov is their biggest hope I do believe, sure, not the most safe medal contender but for me in a good "crazy" day may surprise no one, already in PC 2018 he was so close and so unlucky. would be a great story to medal here

I didn't want to predict about moguls at all coz every time I feel a run is good it doesn't score well and vice versa. Hopefully Galysheva also returns to form when she became a world champion in 2019 and silver in 2021. Kolmakov - Galysheva - Gordenko- Reikherd will be the 4 to put hopes on mainly. 

8 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Greetings from Poland!

it will come...for sure...

imho, Maliszewska is the favourite over the 500m in short track...even more than the most anticipated Schulting, Fontana and Boutin...

but you know...it's short track, where nothing goes according to logic...:facepalm:

by the way, you didn't mention Aleksandra Krol and the guys (Nowaczyk and Kwiatkowski) in snowboard's PGS (more Krol than the guys, though)...and I wouldn't write their names off before the races start...;)

Every one of these countries except for :LIE have at least one legitimate medal shot.

:AUS:GBR:NZL are basically 100% guaranteed to win at least one medal (I think all are more likely than not to win at least one gold, too). The other countries on the list depend on one of a handful of medal chances to pan out.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

by the way, you didn't mention Aleksandra Krol and the guys (Nowaczyk and Kwiatkowski) in snowboard's PGS (more Krol than the guys, though)...and I wouldn't write their names off before the races start...;)

Snowboard? Why not, we'll take it ;-) That would be our first olympic medal in this sport.

The thing is we could've already had a snowboard medal in SLC 2002 but Jagna Marczułajtis has finished just short in 4th place in this fancy red suit ;-)

ec094fc426da3dc1111f96971c7bc2f8.jpg

On 1/16/2022 at 5:13 AM, Dennis said:

None of these countries have a lot of medal chances, but most have some:

• :AUS Not really familiar with the sports that the Australians are best at, but I'd say a medal in women's moguls, men's snowboard halfpipe or snowboard cross are realistic possibilities?
  • :BLR Maybe one or more biathlon medals? Biathlon is very hard to predict with surprises in each competition, but I see a chance there. I don't ever watch sports like aerials outside of the Olympics so maybe they have potential there this time around, but maybe?
  • :BEL Bart Swings on the men's mass start in speed skating is their best shot I would say. Again, that distance is always quite a lottery but he has just won a European title and skated some personal bests on other distances this season, so he's in good shape. I would say 1 medal for Belgium.
  • :GBR Charlotte Bankes in snowboard cross has good chances.
  • :HUN Should definitely get at least one medal in men's shorttrack.
  • :LAT Not many medal chances, but doubles in luge?
  • :NZL Women's slopestyle?
  • :POL Women's 500m in speed skating, women's 500m in short track speed skating or a surprise medal in men's ski jumping? All very unpredictable events though.
  • :ESP Snowboarding: women's halfpipe or men's boarder cross?

I can't see where :KAZ, :LIE and :UKR could win a medal. So I voted for these three.

Kazakhstan has a chance in men’s and women’s moguls and Ukraine in men’s aerials