website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #6 | Which of these nations will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022?

These are some countries which won medal(s) in Pyeongchang 2018. Which of them will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022? (multiple choice question)  

36 members have voted

1. 1. These are some countries which won medal(s) in Pyeongchang 2018. Which of them will NOT win a medal in Beijing 2022? (multiple choice question)

None of these countries have a lot of medal chances, but most have some:

• :AUS Not really familiar with the sports that the Australians are best at, but I'd say a medal in women's moguls, men's snowboard halfpipe or snowboard cross are realistic possibilities?
  • :BLR Maybe one or more biathlon medals? Biathlon is very hard to predict with surprises in each competition, but I see a chance there. I don't ever watch sports like aerials outside of the Olympics so maybe they have potential there this time around, but maybe?
  • :BEL Bart Swings on the men's mass start in speed skating is their best shot I would say. Again, that distance is always quite a lottery but he has just won a European title and skated some personal bests on other distances this season, so he's in good shape. I would say 1 medal for Belgium.
  • :GBR Charlotte Bankes in snowboard cross has good chances.
  • :HUN Should definitely get at least one medal in men's shorttrack.
  • :LAT Not many medal chances, but doubles in luge?
  • :NZL Women's slopestyle?
  • :POL Women's 500m in speed skating, women's 500m in short track speed skating or a surprise medal in men's ski jumping? All very unpredictable events though.
  • :ESP Snowboarding: women's halfpipe or men's boarder cross?

I can't see where :KAZ, :LIE and :UKR could win a medal. So I voted for these three.

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I'm curious since only 3 of the 10 people voted so far (incl. myself) have picked :UKR 

In what event will :UKR win a medal?

The only event Ukraine have a chance to medal is Aerials. Novosad won a Women's Aerials  WC this season where fellow Ukrainian finished 3rd. Defending Olympic champion Abramenko has been there and there about in top 6.

The ski speed has gone in biathlon so maybe a 0+0 in relay with other teams struggling, again not very likely. 

3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I'm curious since only 3 of the 10 people voted so far (incl. myself) have picked :UKR 

In what event will :UKR win a medal?

Ukraine had 5 podium this season in 3 different sports, and 1 victory. If we exclude monobob where they won some B-events, Ukraine had some medal chances in the aerials

Sorry I had to pick my country :NZL. We have great chances in womens snowboard slopestyle, big air and mens freeski half pipe. But our winter olympics history is littered with 4ths and 5ths and these are mainly sports down to judges. A lot of the time it can be out of your hands. The great irony in this however is that on the other hand we have more gold medal favs going on current form than Australia.

All hopes of :KAZ are in the Moguls I do believe, :UKR apart slim but possible chance(s) in Biathlon also in Aerials and not only in the Mixed Team

:GBR Curling, skeleton, Bobsleigh ? and snowborading

:BEL Speed Skating Mass Start and very slim chance in Snowboarding

:BLR Biathlon one or two medals maybe even 3 are realistic + Aerials Mixed Team

:AUS Freestyle Skiing and Snowboarding

:LAT luge couple of chances also in the relay, Dukurs skeleton story and Bobsleigh

:NZL same as Australia

:HUN Shorttrack

:POL Short track, Speed Skating ? and old proverb saying always count on Poland in Ski Jumping

:ESP Snowboarding and veeeeery distant chance in Figure Skating

:LIE sadly nothing