website statistics

Road to Beijing 2022 Poll #4 | How many gold medals will Netherlands win in Speed Skating in Beijing 2022?

How many gold medals will Netherlands win in speed skating in Beijing 2022? (long track only)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many gold medals will Netherlands win in speed skating in Beijing 2022? (long track only)

• none
    • 1 or 2
    • 3 or 4
    • 5 or 6
    • 7 or 8
    • 9 or 10
    • 11 or 12
    • 14 (clean sweep)

I expect 4 or 5 golds. I really don't think there is any event where the Dutch have a higher chance to win than the field other than the men's 1000m, but also the Dutch have a pretty good chance in every event other than the men's 500m, 5000m, 10000m (assuming van der Poel doesn't fall) and mass start.

Also there is no such thing as being a lock to win the mass start xD

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Out of curiosity, how are the Dutch (for some) not huge favorites for both team pursuits?

The Americans set their WR in SLC and against Dutch B/C team. That definitely doesn't make them gold medal favorites.

Other than 2014 the Dutch have always underperformed in the team pursuit at the Olympics. I'll believe they are the favorite when I see it, until then I have them down as a big question mark.