website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah, this was handled piss-poorly on every possible side...

Well, I hope he can refocus on whatever comes after the AO and I hope the AO will be a good tournament and this whole thing can be kind of left behind.

I agree, but if other tournaments or countries continue Australian policy, it will be difficult for him.

I hope that Europe will show its progress and wont demand something AUS did.

Plus, as a physician, i think that vaccination as a sole condition for entry isnt normal at all.

Negative PCR, with or without quarantine, should be perfectly sufficient for national safety.

But ok, in this case, medicine wasnt relevant from the beginning.

5 hours ago, thepharoah said:

what's the tournament held in Serbia that Australian athletes will participate in next month as Serbian president mentioned ? :d

Although this was a complete shit show... I doubt Serbia will retaliate. They are already on thin ice with the IOC 

22 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Although this was a complete shit show... I doubt Serbia will retaliate. They are already on thin ice with the IOC 

Why would the IOC care or get involved? This isn't sports related, it's a matter of national security! Every nation has the right to set their rules for entering their country. Isn't this what has been preached to the masses?

I really hope, no i pray, they do it, just to see how hypocrite and two-faced the world order is. Not that any normal person doesn't see it. 

5 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

My early predictions:

W

Barty - Sakkari

Azarenka - Badosa

Rybakina - Halep

Świątek - Sabalenka

Barty - Badosa

Halep - Sabalenka

Barty - Halep

BARTY

You must be new to women's tennis. Final will be something random as always, like Anisimova - Mertens or something :lol:

5 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Tsitsipas to beat Medvedev? I am not sure about that

Yeah I think it will be hard to beat Medvedev for anyone. This isn't clay. I wasn't even sure that Djokovic would beat Medvedev. Personally I think if anyone else wins besides Medvedev, people will say there is an asterisk next to this slam and that they would never have beaten Djokovic if he was able to play.

7 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Why would the IOC care or get involved? This isn't sports related, it's a matter of national security! Every nation has the right to set their rules for entering their country. Isn't this what has been preached to the masses?

I really hope, no i pray, they do it, just to see how hypocrite and two-faced the world order is. Not that any normal person doesn't see it. 

I meant retaliation as in like a blanket ban on Australians. The IOC has already warned Serbia (for refusing entry to the Kosovo team for some event) and it might lead to loss of future hosting rights/suspension. 

38 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I'm sure nobody in Australia would mind if Serbia banned unvaccinated players xD

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

You must be new to women's tennis. Final will be something random as always, like Anisimova - Mertens or something :lol:

Yeah I think it will be hard to beat Medvedev for anyone. This isn't clay. I wasn't even sure that Djokovic would beat Medvedev. Personally I think if anyone else wins besides Medvedev, people will say there is an asterisk next to this slam and that they would never have beaten Djokovic if he was able to play.

Zverev would be a good bet too.

Ons Jabeur pulled out of AO due to injury suffered in Sydney last week. That's actually good news for the Greek tennis fans since she was in Sakkari's section IIRC.

Camila Giorgi won her R1 match vs Potapova 64 60 in surprisingly straight-forward fashion for a change.