website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

Everyone acting as if vaccination certifications to enter a country didn't exist before 2021 :rolleyes:  I wonder what the Novaxes-Heroes of the Free World would have done if they had to play somewhere in Africa where you still need to get the yellow fever or whatever vaccine in order to enter. Or if they were born when smallpox vaccination was mandatory to travel.

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

For the competition I'm hoping Djokovic will simply compete, despite not being a big fan of him. The only thing that really makes me go 'ugh' is Djokovic's father literally comparing his son, a tennis player, with Jesus Christ himself (and in doing so, basically calling himself God) :lol: 

Not at all: his Dad might only be Joseph.  :pope:

36 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Everyone acting as if vaccination certifications to enter a country didn't exist before 2021 :rolleyes:  I wonder what the Novaxes-Heroes of the Free World would have done if they had to play somewhere in Africa where you still need to get the yellow fever or whatever vaccine in order to enter. Or if they were born when smallpox vaccination was mandatory to travel.

To get into Singapore in the 70s I needed four injection certificates.  Mind you, one was life-long, a couple of others were every few years and only cholera (I think) was every six months.

Ah, and if this is true he is indeed a criminal- if I go to public events knowing that I am positive I'll get a jail sentence

202201102110_124821.png

+L'Equipe photoshoot on the 18th. Either he didn't care about infecting others or he wasn't positive and he later fabricated fake documents.

26 minutes ago, Belle said:

Djokovic is an IDIOT!! Shame on you!! 

He is the only to blame. 

:wall:

How he is idiot when Australian Court said he done everything what was needed for entering country and he dont broke a single state act. 

Actually Australian Government is bunch of idiots who use all this situation for taking cheep political poens before the April elections. 

Its 21 centry and every person have a right to decide what to do with his own life. He decided to not take that vaccine. His decission and I respect it (even I personally disagree with him), but Aus Government must be clear and said much earlier,without vaccine noone can enter the country and all this shits wont happen. Period.

2 hours ago, Dunadan said:

Also very funny how the nihilistic wing of the Anglo-American right has latched onto this issue (many of them didn't care about tennis before)

Then you have someone like Farage who spent his political career on advocating Brexit in order for Britain to control its borders as they see fit - now being angry about Australia wanting to control its borders as they see fit... :D

6 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Ah, and if this is true he is indeed a criminal- if I go to public events knowing that I am positive I'll get a jail sentence

202201102110_124821.png

BTW Rafa Nadal tested possitive on December 20, but he entered Australia 10 days later and its ok? What about 14 days caranteen?

4 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

Its 21 centry and every person have a right to decide what to do with his own life. He decided to not take that vaccine. His decission and I respect it (even I personally disagree with him), but Aus Government must be clear and said much earlier,without vaccine noone can enter the country and all this shits wont happen. Period.

In this you are right. They should have said this outright, even if it means less $ for them if the No 1 doesn't play in their tournament

If you don't allow unvaccinated person in the country - don't issue a visa and they cannot come. If you allow exceptions - make the rules clear. If there is disagreement, there is a court for that. If court says documents are valid - then let the person stay. Just don't give hope to anyone. But both sides created such a mess and I really hope Djokovic doesn't play. He is probably going to be booed hard, and he has himself to blame for that.