website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

Finally, a sensible decision has been made in Australia! You can have whatever rules you'd like for regular people wanting to live there or tourists, but when you are organising a major sporting event with huge international participation, you have to make it possible for the athletes to compete.

Spain don't recognize Kosovo, the whole country, the people's documents and passport's, nothing, yet they still allowed them to enter and play. Like i've said before, Australia should have made unvaccinated people take the 2 week quarantine and be tested every day, if they'd want, but but not directly stop them. Clear and cut decision, without any drama, but no, we had to make a spectacle. And now it backfired in their faces.

As a Federer fan for 17 years, i never imagined a time, when i'd have to defend Djokovic, but this is not about him, but for the principle of competition and fairness.

Shame on you, Australian government!! 
Why are you treating him in a dirty way, like in a jail but without breakfast, money, bagage.. and deporting him now after the court has proved that he did everything what is necessary? Absolutely disgusting and unfair! You really can't stand him winning the 10th trophy? Just like Monika Seleš was eliminated 1994 by a crazy fan who stubbed her in back? Seems you can't allow some one from the Balkans, esp.from Serbia being the greatest of all time...

Or simply you are the victim of politic games when the current goverment is doing everything to not loose the next elections, after puting the state in 2 years long lockdown.. 
Shame on you forever!!

And by the way it is interesting that Novak is in campain against exploating litium in Serbia led by Australian company Rio Tinto. 

For the competition I'm hoping Djokovic will simply compete, despite not being a big fan of him. The only thing that really makes me go 'ugh' is Djokovic's father literally comparing his son, a tennis player, with Jesus Christ himself (and in doing so, basically calling himself God) :lol: 

The guy either can or can not compete and go for his umpteenth title (great if he can, a shame if he can't, but that's about it), he is not going to be literally nailed to a cross :d (at least I most certainly hope he's not!)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Finally, a sensible decision has been made in Australia! You can have whatever rules you'd like for regular people wanting to live there or tourists, but when you are organising a major sporting event with huge international participation, you have to make it possible for the athletes to compete.

Spain don't recognize Kosovo, the whole country, the people's documents and passport's, nothing, yet they still allowed them to enter and play. Like i've said before, Australia should have made unvaccinated people take the 2 week quarantine and be tested every day, if they'd want, but but not directly stop them. Clear and cut decision, without any drama, but no, we had to make a spectacle. And now it backfired in their faces.

As a Federer fan for 17 years, i never imagined a time, when i'd have to defend Djokovic, but this is not about him, but for the principle of competition and fairness.

I agree with everything you said. It's crazy that Australia (and many other places) don't allow any exceptions to being vaccinated, even if it is a strict quarantine or constant testing. By the way I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am vaccinated so I'm reminding people of that before they assume I am anti-vaccine when I am clearly not.

Also Greece doesn't recognise Kosovo but when they played against us in Athens we let them in, actually all tourists from Kosovo are allowed in the country with their documents/passports even though we do not officially recognise them, and when they played against us it was called "Greece vs Kosovo Football Federation." So yeah, a lot of people have made accommodations as they should.

Now I wish Voracova could play too...

3 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

like in a jail but without breakfast, money, bagage..

This is arguably the worst part of the situation. Allow him into the country (which I hope), don't allow him into the country, whatever, but at the very least treat him (and everyone in the same situation of course) as a human being. I mean, keep his main baggage from him if you suspect he has a gun there or something (which is not the case of course), but not if the problem is related to paperwork...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, NikolaB said:

Just like Monika Seleš was eliminated 1994 by a crazy fan who stubbed her in back? Seems you can't allow some one from the Balkans, esp.from Serbia being the greatest of all time...

Monica never received justice, her attacker was free in Germany. If I remember correctly he either never did jail time or spent very little time in jail.

2 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Monica never received justice, her attacker was free in Germany. If I remember correctly he either never did jail time or spent very little time in jail.

On that time Monica was Yugoslav citizen, so who care for some Yugoslavian athleet.  

Novak Đoković is athleet, not a criminal and he dont deserve all of this. I still can not believe that country like Australia do this, local minister is higher than Court. This is just LOL