website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2022

Totallympics

28 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I got my booster today, I can take his spot in the draw 

I'm vaccinated and people sometimes tell me I look like Djokovic, plus I used to play tennis, so would you mind if I took his spot instead of you? Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live my dream :d

I think Djokovic made a mistake by posting about the exemption, as that drew a lot of attention to his situation. Had he just posted "Off to Australia!" then people could be free to make their own conclusions from that and think that maybe he got the vaccine and it would be less suspicious. Instead, he chose to announce his current vaccination status to the world.

People are saying there are issues with his visa but also that Tennis Australia reviewed his visa application. So I don't know. I think there is still a lot of information which we do not know now so I don't want to jump to conclusions yet because the situation is still quite unclear in my opinion.

I personally like Novak and want to see him play even though it was a bit annoying that he was being so dramatic all along. Other players like Sandgren and Babos at least were more transparent during this process.

Also if he does get deported, would that mean he is banned from going back to Australia for a certain period of time? Which would mean we might never see him play at the Australian Open again...

40 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

I think Djokovic made a mistake by posting about the exemption, as that drew a lot of attention to his situation. Had he just posted "Off to Australia!" then people could be free to make their own conclusions from that and think that maybe he got the vaccine and it would be less suspicious. Instead, he chose to announce his current vaccination status to the world.

People are saying there are issues with his visa but also that Tennis Australia reviewed his visa application. So I don't know. I think there is still a lot of information which we do not know now so I don't want to jump to conclusions yet because the situation is still quite unclear in my opinion.

I personally like Novak and want to see him play even though it was a bit annoying that he was being so dramatic all along. Other players like Sandgren and Babos at least were more transparent during this process.

Also if he does get deported, would that mean he is banned from going back to Australia for a certain period of time? Which would mean we might never see him play at the Australian Open again...

One of the most sensible comments recently regarding the whole situation. All in all, he has only himself to blame. Many unreasonable moves, like a bull hitting a concrete wall all over again. 

Honestly I would blame AO authorities more than Djokovic. Djokovic is a known anti-vaxxer so his participation would have raised questions for sure. The first question he would have been asked would have been about his vaccination status. So, he keeping silence about it was not possible. Also, he is fully within his rights to try and play. It is the job of organizers to be firm and unbiased. You want Djokovic to play, either convince him to get vaccine (which is not happening) or drop the vaccine requirement from your side. Simply say, anyone who can get Australian visa is eligible for the tournament. You can't give exemption to Djokovic while denying others. And it is clear that Australian authorities must have given verbal green light to organizers about Djokovic visa before the announcement. But they changed their stance after public outcry. Well, politicians have to win elections. They care more about their votes than Djokovic and tennis world's opinion. Organizers should have known this. 

Lastly, it is really sad that one of the biggest sporting player of our times, a legend of the game, a player who I enjoy watching is an anti-vaxxer. I understand that it is his choice and it doesn't take anything away from his achievements but it is just sad. 

Why exactly is Djokovic labeled as anti vaxer? He is not suggesting anyone to get vaccine or not. Freedom of choice is to get vaccine or not. 

It's obvious vaccines are not helping to slow down pandemics, vaccinated and unvaccinated can equaly spread virus. Just vaccinated got fucking codes (control of movement?) so they feel more "protected" and got relaxed to hang out and spread it more. Lol

I wonder how many vaccines has DR Congo or Nigeria, are people falling on streets?