website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2019

Totallympics

Just now, VolleyRuller96 said:

Oh no, :SVK has really a horrible day :( I haven't seen such low points per set for a long time...

Well the difference between both teams is galactic, we didn´t have a chance even for one minute in this match, but lol the celebrations after the match with the fans were amazing to watch even after such debacle everyone in the arena fans and our players seemed really happy and smiling. Again a huge aftermatch clapping, jumping and dancing celebrations session occured, the Russian grls didn´t understand what the hell is happening :d

Just now, hckosice said:

Well the difference between both teams is galactic, we didn´t have a chance even for one minute in this match, but lol the celebrations after the match with the fans were amazing to watch even after such debacle everyone in the arena fans and our players seemed really happy and smiling. Again a huge aftermatch clapping, jumping and dancing celebrations session occured, the Russian grls didn´t understand what the hell is happening :d

I was checking the table and it seems because of this Slovakia will be 3rd in the group and will play the knockout round match at home. they had to go to Poland in case of winning the match. if I read the table/schedule correctly. that justifies "not trying hard" in this match and being happy after the defeat. :d

Just now, MHSN said:

I was checking the table and it seems because of this Slovakia will be 3rd in the group and will play the knockout round match at home. they had to go to Poland in case of winning the match. if I read the table/schedule correctly. that justifies "not trying hard" in this match and being happy after the defeat. :d

well, thanks, I was trying to tactfully not mention this :p 

Just now, MHSN said:

I think there was  a rule in the official competition book  that said the host countries can't play with each other in the eightfinals, and the draw would be adjusted if that was supposed to happen but I may be mistaken :mumble:It would be strange indeed if Slovakia was forced to play in Łodź, Poland in Bratislava or Turkey in Budapest.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Just now, VolleyRuller96 said:

I think there was  a rule in the official competition book  that said the host countries can't play with each other in the eightfinals, and the draw would be adjusted if that was supposed to happen but I may be mistaken :mumble:It would be strange indeed if Slovakia was forced to play in Łodź, Poland in Bratislava or Turkey in Budapest.

No if SVK would have won over Russia today we would have to play against the Lodz group winner Italy in Bratislava, so losing to Russia means match against Belgium in Bratislava on Sunday, if nothing obscure happen tonight and Italy somehow will not top your group.

Anyway... 14-25/9-25/12-25, these kind of results you don't see very often :( I feel bad for the Slovak girls, they will probably deep down feel really humiliated with such result, especially since they played such good tournament so far. I hope the fans will continue to support them, they will really need that right now... well, sometimes such matches simply happen :(.

They will most likely play :BEL in the eightfinals, which is actually
a really decent opponent for them. :BEL will probably take the 2nd place in group B, but that group is easily the weakest and least balanced one in these championship, the giant point difference between 3rd and 4th placed team proves it. They also play very irreguraly, and were the only team from this group that struggled against Portugal.

I think that game will be one of the more interesting eightfinals since I'm sure :SVK will try their best to bounce back from what happened today. I'm not saying they'll qualify, but they have definitely a bigger chance than against :ITA, which was sort of the expected opponent for them

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

No if SVK would have won over Russia today we would have to play against the Lodz group winner Italy in Bratislava, so losing to Russia means match against Belgium in Bratislava on Sunday, if nothing obscure happen tonight and Italy somehow will not top your group.

Not at all, If Slovakia had won over Russia, Slovakia would have been 2nd in the group. With Slovakia 2nd and Poland 3rd, Poland would have played Germany (in Poland) and Slovakia-Slovenia (in Slovakia)

Btw, if Poland win 3-2 over Italy, then Slovakia will play Italy even with Italy topping the group.

Edited by Dunadan

Just now, Dunadan said:

Not at all, If Slovakia had won over Russia, Slovakia would have been 2nd in the group. With Slovakia 2nd and Poland 3rd, Poland would have played Germany (in Poland) and Slovakia-Slovenia (in Slovakia)

Right, I was wrong, we would have played ITA in Bratislava only if SVK finished 3rd and POL 2nd.

atleast it´s what our federaton and medias said. source in svk saying this already before the svk-ger game https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/409991/slovenske-volejbalistky-stoja-pred-historickym-okamihom-podari-sa-na-osemfinale-vypredat-halu/